• April 24, 2024, 10:40:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion is detected however no specific image through the email notification  (Read 2336 times)

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

I have 2 of these DCS-930L cloud cameras

All of them are on the latest version 1.11
All of settings are setup for my Gmail account through setup > Mail
Motion detection is enabled, also live video is occuppied with boxes for motion alerts
Not only I do receive the test emails, but the actual emails as well
Even connecting this cameras either wireless or wired connection this seem not to change anything
I did try placing them on a different area which did not make any changes at all either.
Manage to synchronize my time system to the 2 cameras.

So far these are the only changes I've made, Unless I forgot something else?

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

What do you mean by "motion is detected"? How do you know that if you don't get email alerts?

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

Every time my camera is able to detect motion through the area, it provided me an email notification via my email account. However for the 2 cloud cameras with the same model, succeeded on sending an alert. However there seems to be only a background on the image when I tried placing my hands infront of the camera. Whether I tried placing it on a different area, it seems the 2 cameras does have the same issue
whereas the background is only present.

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

If by "background is only present" you mean you see an empty scene, it happens all the time. If someone moves across too quickly, by the time the camera snaps a picture he'll be gone. It is a huge problem. I can't remember how many event of interest I have missed because of this. This is like the shutter lag you experience with digital cameras. The only solution is to widen your filed of view to allow for the subject to stay in camera's view longer.