• April 16, 2024, 02:06:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Finding DCS-930L DHCP IP address on a Mac.  (Read 3455 times)

johnallen

• Level 1 Member
Finding DCS-930L DHCP IP address on a Mac.
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »

At work I have my DCS-930L working via wifi just great.

If I take it home, where I don't have a PC, and plug it into my network via ethernet, is there a way I can tell what DHCP IP address it pulls from my Apple Airport Extreme router/wifi device?

So I can browse to that IP address to configure the DCS-930L for my Apple airport wifi device, so I don't need to use ethernet anymore?

Thanks!

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Finding DCS-930L DHCP IP address on a Mac.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »

If I take it home, where I don't have a PC, and plug it into my network via ethernet, is there a way I can tell what DHCP IP address it pulls from my Apple Airport Extreme router/wifi device?

So I can browse to that IP address to configure the DCS-930L for my Apple airport wifi device, so I don't need to use ethernet anymore?

Thanks!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:22:28 AM »

If you configure the camera with a static IP address (that you absolutely know isn't being used by another device), then you should be able to easily find the camera without a PC since the IP address is known.

Alternatively, if the camera is already  registered with mydlink and you're using mydlink for access, then you shouldn't need the IP address and you can simply use DHCP without a static IP address.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:37:01 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »

Thanks!

Log into your router with a smartphone or other device and you might be able to find what the IP address is assigned.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 10:16:15 AM »

find and download the WakeOnLAN utility - it will show you all devices on your LAN.