• April 19, 2024, 11:31:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343 IP changed, Windows can't map drives, can't PING new IP  (Read 1008 times)

skeleton

• Level 1 Member

DNS-343 4 drives, has worked fine. Now DNS-343 shows new IP of 169.254.84.148.  Windows 10 had 4 drives, each 2TB, mapped as W: X: Y: Z:, now can't see them.  I use command line scripts

net use W: \\DLINK-E19D6C\Volume_1 /persistent:yes
net use X: \\DLINK-E19D6C\Volume_2 /persistent:yes
net use Y: \\DLINK-E19D6C\Volume_3 /persistent:yes
net use Z: \\DLINK-E19D6C\Volume_4 /persistent:yes

net use W: /delete
net use X: /delete
net use Y: /delete
net use Z: /delete

When script runs, it reports:

System error 53 has occurred
The network path was not found

From command line, can't ping the IP address
Cannot get to configuration software using 10.0.0.225 as before. 

I have powered off router, ethernet switch, computer, and DNS-343 several times. 

skeleton

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343 IP changed, Windows can't map drives, can't PING new IP
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 08:03:04 AM »

Further info on this:  The DNS-343 fell off the network yesterday while I was copying the contents of a 2TB 3.5" disk from a docking station on my laptop to a 2TB JBOD disk in the NAS, so the copy failed.  After I spent several hours researching and attempting to get it back, I gave up.   Then magically late last evening I logged into my WIN 10 machine and all four of the mapped drives are back.  During the interim and through this, all our outher network devices, including several computers and another NAS device also with four drives, functioned normally even through several complete network restarts.

I have one more thing to attempt which I learned from the other NAS device (different brand).  I am going to remove the DNS-343 from the surge protector it is plugged into.  The other NAS several times reported a 'Power Supply Failure'' which magically went away when I took the surge protector out of the setup.  This is a risk, but so is the unexplained failure of the DNS-343 to appear when needed. 

Even though this DNS-343 is only a couple years old, since it is unsupported (didn't know that when I bought it), I will probably be replacing it shortly, but not with a D-Link device.  By comparison, I'm also replacing a desktop computer which also faild but only after a 14-year lifespan. 

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
Re: DNS-343 IP changed, Windows can't map drives, can't PING new IP
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:55:56 AM »

If the stuff is important, I would be using a UPS system instead of just a surge protector.