The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

QoS Engine no longer appears

(1/10) > >>

Peaty:
Model Name: DIR-895L    Hardware Version: A1    Firmware Version: 1.00

Hello,  I've just received and set up my 895L today! So far so good for the most part.  I'm still learning my way around the interface.  Something happened that I can't seem to figure out.  When I first set up the router with new passwords etc.  On the QoS engine (Features drop down) I use to see the  blocks where you would drag devices to order them.  I did arrange a few of my devices and saved the settings. Now when I go back there there is nothing under the bandwidth section, it's empty.  There aren't any more colored blocks etc.  I've tried using a different web browser and powering the router off and on but so far nothing has helped. Any idea what to try next would be welcome.  I'd post a screenshot but I don't see how to do that.

Regards

~peaty

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
What browser are you using to configure the router?
Does it happen in IE, FF or Opera?

Peaty:

Link>Welcome!

Thanks!

* What region are you located?
Midwest US

* Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
Hardwired but can also do wireless if need be

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

WOW ISP, Cable Modem Dynamic IP

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
Cable Modem

* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
Motorola SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

What browser are you using to configure the router?
Does it happen in IE, FF or Opera?

I mostly use FF (latest update) but tried in Chrome and IE still happened.

The odd thing is it was working  fine and I could see places to move and prioritize devices.  I have about 11 - 15 devices hooked up and I moved various items into the blocks, saved closed and opened the browser and it was fine.  all of a sudden there is nothing below the bandwidth section, it's just blank.  I have half a mind to reset to factory and start over it's just I did a lot of configuring of my SSID's, PW's etc and would rather not if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance,

Peaty

FurryNutz:
I recommend you upgrade to the latest Beta:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=64309.0

Please follow the Link> >FW Update Process

Peaty:
I did see that maybe I'll try it tonight.  Beta firmware does make me a little nervous in general.  I rely heavily on my internet (don't we all) I'd hate to make my router unstable    :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version