• April 19, 2024, 01:47:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-130/125? Connectivity/USB Issue  (Read 10031 times)

orangekat

• Level 1 Member
DWA-130/125? Connectivity/USB Issue
« on: May 26, 2010, 06:31:46 PM »

Hello All,

First, I can't figure out if my adapter is a 125 or 130.

Physically, it looks like a DWA-125. It has the refresh button above the activity light. However the sticker on the back says it is a DWA-130, Rev E, 5.00. The Hardware_ID also says that it is a DWA-130 when I checked on google.

The Hardware IDs are:
USB\VID_07D1&PID_3300&REV_0200
USB\VID_07D1&PID_3300

I'm having some connectivity and weird USB issues. I have Windows 7 installed and all the latest drivers for my chipset etc. etc. The computer has been stable and working fine. Recently I bought the DWA-130 adapter, and I've been having weird problems with it. I'm using 5.10 drivers.

When I boot into windows (if not from a cold start), the adapter stays dark. When I look in the device manager, it says that it is a 802.11n WLAN adapter. I have to physically disconnect the USB cable and plug it back in before it shows up as a D-Link..... under the Network Adapters.

Sometimes I will have weird USB issues as well where folders in my USB harddrive or flash drive will appear empty, even though I know there are files in there. A restart will correct these issues. Not having the WLAN adapter plugged in also solves these issues.

My third problem is if the adapter is idle for a while or the monitor goes to sleep, the adapter will sort of turn itself on. The activity light is blinking like it is connected, but it is not connected and I have to disable/enable from the device manager to get it working again. I have USB select suspend off, and the option allowing windows to turn off the device to save power off. I also have USB set to maximum performance under power options.

I have tried the 5.10 drivers.
I have tried the Realtek drivers posted on windows update just a few days ago.
Looking up the hardware ID, I found that you can use Realtek RTL8188SU drivers as well - though I suspect these were the ones posted on windows update. I haven't tried these yet but I am about to.

Anybody encountering the same problems as me or have any insight?

thanks!

Starry-Eyed

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA-130/125? Connectivity/USB Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »

Refer to DWA-130 Blinking Behavior in this forum for my experience with this, which sounds somewhat similar. I do have the same DWA-130 version E1 with driver 5.10. I tried the Windows Update and that was a mistake. Sticking with the drivers that came with it is the best solution, although you may need to employ my work-around to use certain types of USB drives.........I don't lose the connection permanently if I employ the work-around........I explain it in detail in my other post.