• March 28, 2024, 01:24:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DCS-2630L disconnects from network  (Read 34628 times)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-2630L disconnects from network
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »

I didn't have enough time to set up all of the port forwarding on the modem/first router (with wifi disabled)  but did open a port to the second router (Netgear R6400 with wifi enabled) and I do have remote access to that.  I'll complete port forwarding to the cameras in June.  Just using myDlink for now.

You should be able to set up port forwarding if you can access remotely. (Or am I missing something?) (Sorry, I have Asus routers, my last dlink router was a di-604, and I gave my parents my old netgear router as whatever they had before was giving them issues ( http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/WNDR3400.aspx ))....

robrup

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »

I wanted to follow up with the group - it seems that switching from the 2.4ghz ssid to the 5ghz ssid did the trick.  I still think that this is a bug though - if the camera loses its connection to wifi then it should try to reconnect.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 07:23:39 PM »

Had person on site today and unplugged and plugged in 2630L camera.  BACK ONLINE.

I AGREE with robrup in previous post regarding trying to reconnect. 

I don't know if they've got a stuck hardware problem or a lost firmware problem.  Either way, power cycling the unit either resets the stuck hardware or restarts the lost firmware.   If it's a bad hardware design then they need to address it.  If it's lost firmware then they need to fix the firmware so that it detects that it is lost and needs to bring itself back into a functional state.

As a side note regarding my parallel post regarding the same problem with a DCS-2330L, that one was also power cycled but did not come back online.  I did not tell the person on site to leave it unplugged for about 10 seconds to let the camera fully discharge for a nice clean reset.  I don't know if the camera is really broken or if he didn't leave it off long enough.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 07:34:18 PM »

I didn't have enough time to set up all of the port forwarding on the modem/first router (with wifi disabled)  but did open a port to the second router (Netgear R6400 with wifi enabled) and I do have remote access to that.  I'll complete port forwarding to the cameras in June.  Just using myDlink for now.

You should be able to set up port forwarding if you can access remotely. (Or am I missing something?) (Sorry, I have Asus routers, my last dlink router was a di-604, and I gave my parents my old netgear router as whatever they had before was giving them issues ( http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/WNDR3400.aspx ))....

Yes, the problem is that the router that I have remote access to (Netgear R6400) is the second router behind a DSL Modem/Router.  I do not have the modem/router set up for remote access.  I only had time to get port forwarding in the modem/router set up to get to the second router only.  While there this coming June I will complete setting port forwarding in the modem/router.  I also intend to assign static IP addresses, something else I didn't have time to do. 

So far as I know, I need to set up the port forwarding in the DSL modem/router in addition to the R6400 router for it to work.  Am I mistaken?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:37:38 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 08:31:12 PM »

Yes, the problem is that the router that I have remote access to (Netgear R6400) is the second router behind a DSL Modem/Router.  I do not have the modem/router set up for remote access.  I only had time to get port forwarding in the modem/router set up to get to the second router only.  While there this coming June I will complete setting port forwarding in the modem/router.  I also intend to assign static IP addresses, something else I didn't have time to do. 

So far as I know, I need to set up the port forwarding in the DSL modem/router in addition to the R6400 router for it to work.  Am I mistaken?

You might be right. I think that Netgear router of mine has remote access off...   You should be able to see it on your main router... ?... Set up a random unused port # on the main router (say 8082), and forward that to port 80 of the address assigned to the 2nd router?.. unless it requires port: 443 for https login.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 08:31:51 PM »

When can FurryNutz and I visit??  ;D

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »

:D ;D  You wouldn't like it there with all of that sun, warm weather, temperate breezes, clear aqua blue water, white sandy beaches, and delicious seafood!

By the way, had someone power cycle the 2330L at this location and it came back online.  Not a broken camera but rather that the firmware is not very fault tolerant to recover when it gets lost.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:12:56 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 06:58:57 AM »

RYAT3, can you reproduce his issue of the camera not reconnecting by chance?

You might be right. I think that Netgear router of mine has remote access off...   You should be able to see it on your main router... ?... Set up a random unused port # on the main router (say 8082), and forward that to port 80 of the address assigned to the 2nd router?.. unless it requires port: 443 for https login.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 06:59:29 AM »

We would be willing to suffer well. ::)

:D ;D  You wouldn't like it there with all of that sun, warm weather, temperate breezes, clear aqua blue water, white sandy beaches, and delicious seafood!

By the way, had someone power cycle the 2330L at this location and it came back online.  Not a broken camera but rather that the firmware is not very fault tolerant to recover when it gets lost.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 08:45:43 PM »

Had scheduled power outage by power company.  Before the outage I had two 2630L and one 2330L cameras.  After power was turned back on I only had one 2630L.  Lost two cameras in outage.....not good.  I don't know exactly how long my guess is that the Netgear R6400 router/wireless access point  that the cameras connect to takes a couple of minutes to come online from a powered off state.  In the past we've brought these cameras back online successfully by unplugging them and then plugging them back in while the network was already up.  I'm wondering if the cameras might have a problem coming online if they "wake up" before the router and wifi are back up.  If they don't see the wifi and network connection in the first couple of minutes after the power comes on do they give up?  :-\  Anyone have any similar observations?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:48:21 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »

How long was the scheduled outage?

The modem/router on separate UPS's could have gone 4+ hours...   ) CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD  (

So is the good 2630L on the access point or the router? 
And the 3 fails connect to which?

The only observation I have - is that when my cable provider crashes - has some sort of dumb issue  on their end, my ASUS router doesn't reconnect nicely...and everything after is a fail (from outside connections).

You might find something of interest at http://3gstore.com/  for failover..

You definitely can get in to your router after power outage - but really need a solution to power cycle devices afterwards (assuming that signal can get to said power device location)..... I haven't tested z-wave stuff through concrete - so not sure how that would work... (I don't expect too much!))

Is your stuff on the same breaker box?  Would a power line type network work better? (I've never tried)...

You are definitely an interesting case...

jjd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 06:56:15 AM »

Had scheduled power outage by power company.  Before the outage I had two 2630L and one 2330L cameras.  After power was turned back on I only had one 2630L.  Lost two cameras in outage.....not good.

I had the power company repairing a wire in my neighborhood and they accidentally disconnected the neutral wire.  A bunch of stuff in the house blew up:  two light timers (which filled the house with smoke), a TiVo, a DVD player, a SiriusXM radio and a microwave oven.  (At the time I didn't have any DLink cameras, so I can't speak to their robustness in this situation.)

In any case, if they accidentally disconnected your neutral, you might have some blown up cameras.  In my case, the power company paid to replace most of the devices.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 07:22:34 PM »

Had scheduled power outage by power company.  Before the outage I had two 2630L and one 2330L cameras.  After power was turned back on I only had one 2630L.  Lost two cameras in outage.....not good.

I had the power company repairing a wire in my neighborhood and they accidentally disconnected the neutral wire.  A bunch of stuff in the house blew up:  two light timers (which filled the house with smoke), a TiVo, a DVD player, a SiriusXM radio and a microwave oven.  (At the time I didn't have any DLink cameras, so I can't speak to their robustness in this situation.)

In any case, if they accidentally disconnected your neutral, you might have some blown up cameras.  In my case, the power company paid to replace most of the devices.

Hi jjd.....the camera connection problem is not that they are damaged.  They seem to have a problem connecting once they lose their connection.  Nothing that power cycle won't fix.  BUT....you shouldn't have to do that.

remoteCamsFarAway

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »

How long was the scheduled outage?

The modem/router on separate UPS's could have gone 4+ hours...   ) CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD  (

So is the good 2630L on the access point or the router? 
And the 3 fails connect to which?

The only observation I have - is that when my cable provider crashes - has some sort of dumb issue  on their end, my ASUS router doesn't reconnect nicely...and everything after is a fail (from outside connections).

You might find something of interest at http://3gstore.com/  for failover..

You definitely can get in to your router after power outage - but really need a solution to power cycle devices afterwards (assuming that signal can get to said power device location)..... I haven't tested z-wave stuff through concrete - so not sure how that would work... (I don't expect too much!))

Is your stuff on the same breaker box?  Would a power line type network work better? (I've never tried)...
The outage was 2 to 3 hours.  I have 3 APC BE550G UPS on site but not yet installed.  Will install them in June.  However, not confident that will solve the problem.  I feel, unfortunately, that the solution to the camera connection is the purchase of a network accessible power switch for each camera.  Shouldn't need that but it is what it is.

The configuration right now is as follows:

DSL phone line <-- SMARTRG 350N DSL modem/router with wifi disabled w/DHCP enabled <-- Netgear R6400 router/WAP w/DHCP disabled
                                                                                                                                                  /         \
                                                                                                                                 5GHz wifi /            \   2.4GHz wifi CH 11
                                                                                                                                              /                \
                                                                                                                                      Netgear                \   2630L-1
                                                                                                                                     EX6200                    \
                                                                                                                                    Extender                    \  2330L
                                                                                                                                       /
                                                                                                                      2.4GHz     /
                                                                                                                       wifi       /
                                                                                                                      CH 1     /
                                                                                                                                /
                                                                                                                           2630L-2

Before the power outage all 3 cameras were online.  After power was restored the routers, the extender, and 2630-1 came online. 2330L and 2630L-2 did not.  Since I have remote access to the R6400, I've tried rebooting that hoping that it would be able to re-link with the two offline cameras would respond.  No luck there but 2630L-1 remained loyal.

Never tried powerline but I've heard good things from friends who have.  Once I get the UPS in place, I can't use powerline outlet switches because the network traffic over powerlines can't pass through the UPS.  Will need wifi power switches following the UPS.  Hopefully they will have better link recovery skills!

I also have 3 more 2330L cams to install.  I guess I'll need 3 more remote outlet switches also!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:08:24 PM by remoteCamsFarAway »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »

I would still swing with a 2230 non L.... (or a 2210L wired only)... 

My 5010l's are still on stock f/w... they are backup to my backups and cheap... near 360 degrees rotation.. no local sd card... they did  have a bad firmware revision - but that was supposedly corrected on the latest f/w (I'm still on stock)... (and has focus ring so adjust and don't bump it!)

Pages: 1 [2] 3