• April 23, 2024, 11:09:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Loopback?  (Read 20323 times)

Hard Harry

Re: Loopback?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »

cant open that manual.. link not working,
i can ping my external ip from within the lan
and modem setting have not changed from what i had with the 655(where it worked)

edit: link opened now...

Of I didn't mean to insinuate something has changed with the modem, just that SOMEthing has changed, IE it doesn't work anymore, but think its obvious something is different with this router. Could be its configured different, could be it works differently (or rather doesn't work) with the modem, or some kind of bug.

Question: What do you type when trying to reach your server in your LAN? 192.x.x.x:80? 192.x.x.x? 10.x.x.x:80? 68.x.x.x? 68.x.x.x:80? Have you tried just the public IP without port?

The fact that you could ping out but not get web is telling. Means either a issue with DNS or port 80. Since  you were also having a problem with loop back port 80 requests, I would say its not DNS. So the question is why are the loop back working with ICMP but not with TCP on 80?  I wonder if the loop back is done WAN>Loop>Firewall>NAT>LAN. If so, that might explain another bug I experienced. Hmm, would you feel comfortable sending a config file, or loading one of my config files see if we can isolate?

Hard Harry

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

I have a Minecraft server, SABnzbd account(NewsDemon?) and Filezilla I can test with. I know for a fact all 3 worked with my set up and the DGL-4500 so I will configure them and see if loop back works. Any input you could give would be helpful

pro2oman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 05:04:34 AM »

i tried both 192.x.x.x and 192.x.x.x:80, both work, and i tried both with external but both fail..
i noticed that is in closed the port and try external from local (tried to do a ssh loin to the server) i get a connection refused right away, but if the port is open i always get a timeout.

Hard Harry

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »

Maybe the loop back doesn't work if there is a session already open from WAN > LAN?

pro2oman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

but then it should work for something initially.. it never seemed to work at all, even after resetting the whole network.

Hard Harry

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:46 AM »

Well I did test it, and went to go post my findings here and only then realized this forum is for the 857? I have the 657. I didn't even know the 857 was released yet. Well if your willing I would love to remote in and take a peek. ::grin:: Or it will have to wait until I can get my hands on one. Sorry.

atulpatelx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 09:47:58 AM »

+1 for loopback issues.

I recently migrated from 655 to 857.  I love the router, BUT the loop back isn't working for virtual servers all the time.  I think I found the issue.  Loop back to virtual servers doesn't work ONLY when you are using Inbound Filters.

Can anyone confirm this?

UPDATE 6/22/2012:

I just talked to customer support.  They said NAT Loopback will work on the 857.  They didn't offer much else with regard to why it isn't working for me.  The technician even tried to say the Synology NAS is the problem.  But this isn't the case.  Because even using my hostname:8181 for remote management doesn't loopback either when Inbound Filters are set.

I also tried adding my local IPs (192.x.x.x) and my ISPs IP address, but had no luck from within the network.

I'll have to keep digging or call back DLink.

UPDATE 7/26/2012:

This is the note I received from D-Link support.  This is a major bummer.

The WAN loopback will only work if there is no inbound filtering setup in your virtual server rule. When that is enabled it changes the behavior of the routing. There is no work around or any solution for this, its the way it is designed. If you want to use inbound filtering then you will need to use the local IP address of your NAS on the internal network.

Thank you for networking with D-Link .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:47:12 AM by atulpatelx »
Pages: 1 [2]