• June 02, 2024, 03:15:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Boot Problems  (Read 10648 times)

buiburton

• Level 1 Member
Boot Problems
« on: January 24, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »

Please Help.
I purchased a DWA-130 ver A1 usb adapter and a DIR-615 router for Christmas.
I have everything installed and the network functions fine.
I have updated my DWA-130 driver to the 1.3 version that is the most current on the web.
In my device manager it says that the driver is 1.0.5.2 dated 3/19/08 and provided by Marvel.
Through some research I believe that this is the same driver I am not sure why it is being called two different things in two places.
My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium.

The problem is that when I try to start my computer with the usb adapter plugged in it takes six and a half minutes to boot to the login screen.
When the usb adapter is removed it only takes me one minute to boot to the login screen.
I have called tech support and they have no idea.
I have searched both this forum and several others online to try and resolve this problem.

If someone can please help I would be forever greatfull!

wasay

• Level 1 Member
Re: Boot Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »

I have windows vista and I have not notice this issue, did you find the solution to your problem?

buiburton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:27:25 AM »

Yes I still have the problem.
I have called tech support several times, but they have no idea what the problem is.

arod

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »

Where is the USB adapter plugged into on the PC? Is it in the front or back?

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:04 AM »

I have experienced this and it turned out that my PC happened to also be infested with a lot of spywares.  Make sure that your PC is clean of any possible viruses ans spywares first.

buiburton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »

I have it plugged into the front, but I have tried both and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I also have Windows Live One Care for spyware and virus protection.  I have scanned my computer and it came up clean.  I have learned to live with the problem, but it is very annoying.

rcgreg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »

Same Unit - Using Vista Home Premium, On Boot up it will go into windows briefly then do a crash dump, they restart wiht Boot Safe Mode? screen.  Selecting Boot Normally and it will boot up OK - but every boot was the same error.  I now remove the unit (plugged into front of DELL XPS 420) and boots are OK and fast. 
What I believe is happening is that Vista is trying to access the Adapter too early in the process.  It needs to access the correct driver first, then it can work with unit. The obvious answer is that the unit must be made towork with the native VISTA drivers that can be loaded prior to the Unit. 

buiburton

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »

OK so how do I either change the order of booting the drivers or where do I find this a microsoft driver to replace the Marvel one?