D-Link Wireless Access Points For Business > DAP-2695

VLAN and Multiple SSID on DAP-2695

(1/2) > >>

mathz1:
Hi,

I try to create a configuration with multiple SSID connected to different VLANs.
I have verified the DAP-2695 with one SSID and untaged VLAN, that work good.

But when I try to crate a configuration as follows:
LAN1 untag VLAN 1
LAN1 tag VLAN 200
All SSID not member VLAN 1
All SSID untag in VLAN 200
With this configuration the clients disconnects after a while. I use a external DHCP-server. The DHCP-server do not receives any packets.

Or this configuration with LAN1 & LAN 2 connected to two different port in the switch:
LAN1 untag VLAN 1
LAN2 not memeber VLAN1
LAN2 untag VLAN200
All SSID not member VLAN 1
All SSID untag in VLAN 200
Same result but this time the DAP-2695 stops answering on port 80 and only 3-4 ICMP packets get answered during boot of DAP-2695.

/Mats

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and get immediate help and information on this. We find that phone support has more immediate results rather than using email.

mathz1:
Hi,

I live in Sweden.

I have called the local support center and we found a workaround.

LAN1, LAN2, Mgmt Untag in default VLAN
LAN1, LAN2 Taged in VLAN<vlanId>
All S-x and W-x Not memeber in default VLAN
All S-x and W-x Untag in VLAN<vlanId>

Hopefully this will help some one else.

FurryNutz:
Awesome, thank you for sharing.

Enjoy.  ;)

jonw:
I've been trying to set up 2 VLANs - one for internal and one for Guest - but no success at all. 

- I have 3 working VLANs already setup in my wired network which work fine.  I'm trying to setup:
- I have updated firmware to latest: Firmware Version   1.01   15:18:36 10/14/2013

effectively I'm trying to setup

1) Internal - using Primary SSID (2.4 and 5G) with Mgt and LAN 1
 - using VID & PVID 4 (the existing VID of the equivalent wired VLAN)

2) Guest - using SSID1 (2.4 and 5G) with LAN2
 - using VID & PVID 2 (the existing VID of the equivalent wired VLAN)

I've tried removing everything from Default VLAN, using Tagged and Untagged, setting up one VLAN at a time... but no success at all

I've also tried:
- leaving Mgt, LAN1 and LAN2 in Default VLAN as untagged  (as suggested) but no success.
- LAN1 (and 2) connected to the existing wired Switch (Netgear 724TS) in both Tagged and Untagged

the ability to extend my VLANs over WLAN with robust network was the main reason for getting it...

When I enable any of the various attempts at config I can no longer get to the Mgt interface or ping it from the LAN1 network - only being able to get the Mgt interface by Wireless connection (and the wireless connection can't see the wired switch it's connected to (or beyond)...

has anyone got this to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version