• May 20, 2024, 04:34:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSR-500N Strange Cable Internet Problem  (Read 8628 times)

cboggio

• Level 1 Member
DSR-500N Strange Cable Internet Problem
« on: August 29, 2011, 12:31:14 PM »

I have a few DSR-500N's in the field, and for the ones that are connected to cable internet, there is a crippling intermittent problem with web browsing.

Different sites will come up, and other sites will return "Page Cannot Be Displayed". A little while later, the "PCBD" sites will come up fine, and OTHER sites will return "PCBD".

There is no pattern or reason behind which pages Will come down and which will not, as it changes on the fly. One minute your on CNN.com, the next minute CNN.com won't come up, so on, so forth.

I have taken one of these routers from the cable internet ISP connection, set it back to factory defaults, set it up on my home DSL connection, and it ran without fail all weekend.

Have any of you heard of this problem, that seems to be with cable internet only ?

Mishka

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSR-500N Strange Cable Internet Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 08:35:04 AM »

Try using OpenDNS servers 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

Spock83

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:40:49 AM »

@cboggio, did you solve the problem?

brianjfacet

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »

We had this problem with our DSR-500N.  The DNS requests would frequently fail.  Eventually what I did was enable the LAN Proxy in the Network settings and then on all computers on the network I set the primary dns server to the router address.  That solved our DNS problem.