• April 19, 2024, 05:00:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: updates to add-on modules  (Read 2808 times)

shredhead1260

• Level 1 Member
updates to add-on modules
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »

I was wondering how often these add ons hosted for the most part by vtverdohleb are updated.

I ask because I see that some of items I can use the gui method for, and others I can use fun_plug / Optware for. And I have seen a small number of examples where the Optware package is newer. 

Can one use Optware to update a package previously installed via the gui method?

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: updates to add-on modules
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:44:17 PM »

Of course you can. What's stopping you to use it? I do this not so much because of the money (which is very little), but because of the - a hobby;)
Well, a good attitude to the D-Link. At one time I got a lot of good from them.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

shredhead1260

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 06:14:19 AM »

OK, so how do I perform an update to something I installed via the add-on process but exists as newer from other sources? 

For example, the add-on version of Transmission is 2.84 (which I have installed) but Slacker has 2.92. I think Optware has 2.92 as well.  If I use one of those methods to upgrade it will either install it as a separate instance or it will tell me transmission isn't installed (since it isn't looking in Nas_Programs).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 07:24:31 PM by shredhead1260 »

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »

I do not quite understand what you mean. There Funpug, Optware, Entware & Add-Ons. These all add-ons are independent of each other and can work together if there is no conflict in the protocols/ports.
Add-ons more kindness to the user, as established through a standard web interface and (in most cases) to set up and work through the web interface.
Additions Funpug, Optware, Entware usually require at least a minimal knowledge of Linux. Otherwise, the user will not be able to install and configure the software of interest to him.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php