• March 29, 2024, 05:49:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DHP 307AV - units don't see each other anymore  (Read 25608 times)

korba

• Level 1 Member
DHP 307AV - units don't see each other anymore
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »

Hello,
I see that this meant to be a 306AV forum, but searching the net I didn't find any forum about my
product, this is close to it, so let me post here my problem, perhaps someone can advice.

I have a new DHP-W307AV (this is the wireless version of the Powerline family, two units, one to the router, one in another room with a wifi antenna).
I've installed it today and it started to work immediately, all feedback LEDs were showing green, and I could connect to the internet.
The only open item was to make the fine tuning, so I opened the wifi unit's web based setup tool, and
set the elements (network name, time zone, security, etc) as per the handbook (and as I always do when setting up wireless via a router).
After some steps and saves, it came to a reboot (as always when you set up a router).
After the reboot the setup html page was not coming back ('can't connect'), and the Powerline led on both two units was turned to 'off' status (no light).
I pushed reset on both units, plugged out and in again, nothing changed.
All the other lights (power, ethernet, wifi) are still green, but the Powerline LED is off, means the units
don't see each other anymore.
I can still reach the unit's html setup via the ethernet cable, but only the main screen, anything I would do it goes to 'can't connect' next.
The very strange thing is that as I said it was properly working, so it's not a basic manufacturing or other error, but I don't know what happened and how to get it back to working.
Thank you

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: DHP 307AV - units don't see each other anymore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »

Please follow the instruction below.

1. Please reset you DHP-306AV (wire) adapter back to it's default value by pressing the "Reset" button for 1 second.
2. Please reset you DHP-W306AV (wireless) adapter back to it's default value by pressing the "Reset" button for 1 second.
3. Unplug and Plug back in the DHP-W306AV (wireless) into an AC wall outlet, connect the included Ethernet cable to the network cable connector located on the DHP-W306AV and attached the other end of the Ethernet cable to the PC. Please verify that the Ethernet LED is lit on the DHP-W306AV. This will indicated a good connection.
4. Open a web browser and enter http://dlinkap (or http://192.168.0.50) in the address field, click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to quickly configure your wireless settings for the DHP-W306AV.

5. After some steps and saves, it will go to a reboot. After the reboot, please verify that the PowerLine LED is lit on both DHP-306AV (wire) and DHP-W306AV (wireless), If not, please unplug the DHP-W306AV for 5 seconds and plug it back into AC wall outlet.

Let us know if this helps or if you need more help to get it back to normal operation.

Apgad

• Level 1 Member
Re: DHP 307AV - units don't see each other anymore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:21:24 AM »

I also have a problem with the DHP-W306AV unit, one that D-Link support has not been able to resolve after 2 separate RMAs. Setting up and connecting to the DHP-306AV was a breeze, and I have an excellent powerline connection. Setting up the wireless function on the DHP-W306AV was also easy.

However, I find that around 10 minutes after turning the DHP-W306AV on the wireless signal drops out. The powerline connection is fine, and I can plug an ethernet cable in and that works fine too. If I turn the unit off and then on again the signal is re-established, and remains so for as long as I have the unit turned on after that. But every day that I turn it on again (after being off overnight for example) I get the same 10 minute signal drop out.

This happens every time I turn the unit of after it being off for more than a few hours, and is always resolved by turning it off and then on again. But obviously that's not how it is intended to work, so I contacted D-Link Support for help.

After running through a whole stack of things I got an RMA and sent the DHP-W306AV back, and received a replacement a few days later. That unit then had a problem that it wouldn't recognise the DHP-306AV connected to my router, and so both units got RMA'd. I finally got them back this week to find that the DHP-W306AV has been replaced with a third unit, only I have exactly the same problem I began with!

Has anyone else heard of this happening with this unit? I feel like tearing my hair out, but don't want to do another RMA as I have no confidence that another replacement unit will fix the issue.