• April 25, 2024, 10:45:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dropping wireless AND security  (Read 2279 times)

scatterbrain

• Level 1 Member
Dropping wireless AND security
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »

i have a DIR-825 on 2.00NA. 

i have a guest network set up along with one 2.4GHz net and one 5.0GHz net.  the guest is set up with WEP and the other two with WPA2. 

The guest and 5.0GHz wireless networks literally NEVER have an issue.  the 2.4GHz wireless connection is occasionally the issue. 

what'll happen is that all devices connected via 2.4GHz frequency will drop.  more interestingly, when i try and reconnect, it'll fail.  when trying to manually reconfigure my devices, i noticed that the 2.4GHz network has become an unprotected, open network.  you can literally connect without password to it from any device.  when looking at configs, nothing has changed and it still reports that it SHOULD be using WPA2. 

looking at the fixes in subsequent firmware versions, i can't find that issue mentioned in the fix list.  although i'm real close to updating the firmware, but would like to avoid it if it can be.  it's been working fine a a long time, but this is happening more frequently now.

has anyone ever seen this behavior before on the DIR-825?