• April 24, 2024, 09:19:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-855 and DAP-1522 Connected to a Powerline device?  (Read 2403 times)

KMac

• Level 1 Member
DIR-855 and DAP-1522 Connected to a Powerline device?
« on: March 16, 2010, 05:38:37 PM »

I currently have a DIR-855 on the second floor of my home in my SOHO and I get very poor reception on the first level of my home (I know, nothing new there). For this reason I purchased a set of Netgear Powerline adapters to provide faster speeds to my HDTV downstairs. No problems there, this works great! My question is, if I were to purchase another Powerline adapter for my downstairs area, could I then hard wire a DAP-1522 to it and use it to supply a wireless signal to my downstairs level? If so, what mode will I need to use and I'm assuming I would need to let the DIR-855 upstairs take care of the DHCP settings. Also would I need separate SSID's and how to control which device my laptops connect to?

I know I've asked quite a few questions here but I've never used multiple devices like this before. I'm fine with a simple wireless network but not that familiar with using access points/repeaters, etc. I'm tired of trying to increase the performance out of my DIR-855! Nothing I do seems to help.

Any pointers would be appreciated or if someone knows a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do I'd appreciate any suggestions. I tried the D-Link high gain antennas (ANT24-0700) and they didn't improve my coverage much downstairs.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin