• April 16, 2024, 09:46:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: setting up event to network storage  (Read 10081 times)

factory1

• Level 1 Member
setting up event to network storage
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »

i am trying to save events to a folder on my network mac server.  i have setup FTP and email events easily, but have not been able to save to a folder on my network mac server. 

as suggested in other discussions, i am using my IP address in the network storage location path.  in the path, 'camera' is a shared folder.

workgroup:  have tried with a workgroup name, with an empty field and 'workgroup'
user name:  my username
password:   my password
primary WINS server:  0.0.0.0

any advice is appreciated. 

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: setting up event to network storage
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 06:55:34 AM »

Are you verifying that this is not working by actually checking your network drive, or just by running the test on the camera and seeing what result it gives you?  I ask because the test fails on each of my four cameras that write to my drive, but the writes actually are all successful.  My settings are basically what you list.

factory1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:02:37 PM »

someone here did warn that testing sometimes produced a false negative.  their experience was the same as yours and the files were written to their NAS. 

does it make any difference whether it is a hard drive, NAS or OSX server?  i wouldn't think so, but am wondering if this is the issue.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:36:19 AM »

I doubt it.  My network drive is just a portable HD attached to the USB port on my Airport Extreme router.