• March 28, 2024, 10:31:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MyDlink til internet  (Read 7412 times)

MTito

• Level 1 Member
MyDlink til internet
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:00:28 AM »

I have a DCS-930L wireless webcam. I can view the images on mydlink. Is it possible that mydlink take pictures with my webcam and then every 10 minutes sent to my domain www.titodesign.no? Who has experience with this link between mydlink and Internet?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: MyDlink til internet
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »

You can send screenshots to an FTP site at the aforementioned domain. You'll need a solution to have your website scrape the images routed to FTP.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

MTito

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »

Yes, i know that it must be possible but wich programm do i need. But i can only look at my webcam with MyDlink but Skype founds not thsis webcam. Thats strange too.
I have tried D-link and, MyDlink but i can't find how to send .jpg files til my domain.
Question, how can i make the camera vissible on my PC and with witch programm can i send files?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:28:32 AM »

The DCS-930L web interface can be used configured to send images to an FTP site on your domain. Is this what you're asking?

MTito

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »

I think that's right, but i wanna have send a picture making bij DCS-930L til my domain http://www.titodesign.no. I send files with filezilla but i don't know what i must do to get the pictures to my domain. I'll hope you have an answere, if its take many time i can pay for the help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »

If you're looking to port images from the FTP to your website, then there was a detailed discussion thread on this subject on one of the child boards under the mydlink section of this forum. You can use advanced search to find it. The last post is probably somewhere around a year ago.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:48:59 PM »

MTito

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »

If I understand correctly, is it impossible for an average person to do something like I want to do. I think i'll stop with this installalation of the DCS-930L.  :(

Thank you for your time and help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »

Are you trying to post images on your public website? If the answer is "yes", then you'll need to route the images from the camera to a storage location which the website can upload each time the viewer refreshes the page.

However, if you would like to insert a live feed onto your personal website instead of static images, you can try the following procedure:  DCS-930L - Display Live Video on a Personal Website
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:45:24 AM by JavaLawyer »

MTito

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »

Yes, i'am trying to send som images to my own website, this one: http://www.titodesign.no/1tito/webcams-valdres.html
But i have no experience with PHP an i think that that is necaccery. But i hope you, JavaLawyer, can help me with this, thank you very much.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 10:59:41 AM »

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to offer support beyond the information I've already provided. If other users previously implemented a similar solution and have time to help out, please chime in.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »

Yes, i am trying to send some images to my own website, this one: http://www.titodesign.no/1tito/webcams-valdres.html ... But i have no experience with PHP and i think that that is necessary. ...
    I looked up your host, which I see is one.com, and it appears that they do offer ftp and php (among other services).
    Indeed, php is a part of the answer. A year ago I knew nothing of it, but I found that with some study it is doable.
    To help you, we must ask a few questions - like:
    Are you wanting a live web-cam like presentation, or
    Are you wanting to store images for later review as part of a security system? (Storing images requires that you also have a way to delete older images, lest you overrun your quota).
    We have figured out ways to do both; maybe we can help by taking pne step at a time.