• April 19, 2024, 07:27:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: motion and sound detection defined action (ex Email) not the same behavior  (Read 2289 times)

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member

Update 12/24/17 -
I changed my config for the event of motion detection to have an action of emailing snapshot photos instead of a video clip and I am now getting both the snapshot photos from motion detection and video clips from sound detection via my email address with the attachments.   I don't know if my original issue has been resoled (details below).   Can we use video clip attachments sent via email for 2 defined events using sound and motion detection?
---------------
Original Post
I'm trying to get both motion and sound detection events to trigger an email with an attached video clip.   I'm able to do this with sound only despite the fact I have both motion and sound events set up the same (outlined below).  Motion video clip is going to the SD card despite the action set to send an email.  Hoping to get any insights on how to tweak my config.......thanks

IP Camera anew = DCS-5222LB
Hardware version = B
Firmware version = 2.14.04

Email notifications enabled to my user defined and registered dlink email address

Event setup in advanced setting via computer browser:
3 servers defined.   SD Card, FTP, (Email-tested ok)     
2 Media.  Video clip, sound - both standard profile 1
2 events.  video motion detection(enabled, normal priority, schedule always, action - email with attached media - video clip), sound detection(enabled, normal priority, schedule always, action - email with attached media video clip)

Mydlink lite app on iPhone 6 iOS 10.3 settings:
-motion detection with PIR = ON, recording by Motion Detection with PIR = ON
-sound detection enabled (ON), Recording with Notification = OFF

Behavior:   
-Sound detection produces alert to SMS and (Email with video clip attachment).  SMS and Email is to my defined address specified in Event email set up
-Motion detection produces alert to SMS and email address of Event Dlink (mydlink alert) and video clip is recored on the SD card
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:02:22 AM by Rimshot »