The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-890L

DD-WRT

(1/4) > >>

pjh42:
Has anyone installed DD-WRT on a DIR-890L?

What was your experience?

Thanks.

FurryNutz:
Yes:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=72749.msg292484#new

Corset:
I was running DD-WRT for several months.   There are many firmwares which do not work properly.  They will load fine but many features will not work.  If you want to install it there is a thread on the DD-WRT forums with a discussion on which firmwares will work.   I am back to D-Links firmware now simply because it is working fine and I don't need all the extra DD-WRT features right now.  I can't remember which DD-WRT firmware I was running but it was stable and everything was working.  I am sure the version is in the thread over there.

FurryNutz:
Thanks for the feed back. I still have WRT loaded on my 890L. All information is included in the link provided. All versions are working included recent versions.
Users are encouraged to review information on the DD-WRT site and post on there forums as well.

Good Luck.

--- Quote from: Corset on January 05, 2018, 06:18:10 PM ---I was running DD-WRT for several months.   There are many firmwares which do not work properly.  They will load fine but many features will not work.  If you want to install it there is a thread on the DD-WRT forums with a discussion on which firmwares will work.   I am back to D-Links firmware now simply because it is working fine and I don't need all the extra DD-WRT features right now.  I can't remember which DD-WRT firmware I was running but it was stable and everything was working.  I am sure the version is in the thread over there.

--- End quote ---

MadRocker:
Right now with the last hacked garbage "anti DD-WRT firmware" from D-Link "1.20" it is impossible to load anything except the stock 1.20 firmware.

I tried several times to get into emergency firmware load page but nothing works, not even 30-30-30 method. Extremely frustrating that this untested garbage firmware is pushed onto us, blocking dd-wrt / any other firmware.

The only reason I was stupid enough to buy D-link routers is for the out of the box dd-wrt capability to fix the broken D-Link firmware problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version