The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-850L

Router access from different VLAN

(1/2) > >>

johnkiddjr:
I cannot access the AP at all (it's in AP mode via this guide) from a different VLAN on my network. I need 2 way communication between it and the DNS/DHCP server to allow for RADIUS auth to take place.

Meaning, the servers cannot ping nor access the AP, the AP cannot ping or access the servers. However any connected client to the AP has full normal access to servers and the config. Any wired clients that are not wired directly into the AP cannot ping nor access the AP. Clients manually placed in the Wifi VLAN can access the AP as if they were connected to it.

AP info:
DIR-850L Rev A  FW 1.14
Region: United States
Connected to switch via LAN port, WAN port is unused.

ISP: Comcast via Zoom modem
Router: pfSense running on Hyper-V Virtual Machine
Switch: Netgear ProSafe JGS524E
Firewall: pfSense, currently set to allow all traffic for diagnostic purposes

Physical Setup: Modem -> pfSense dedicated NIC -> Netgear Smart Switch -> AP
All other wired clients connect via the Netgear.

FurryNutz:
I presume the problem maybe with this different VLAN. I know that using the 850L in AP modem LAN to LAN on a standard DCHP server or router system, anyone can access the AP in this configuration. A VLAN may not support this, you'll need to check the configuration of the VLAN for this.

johnkiddjr:
Well I do have the firewalls turned off, and the dynamic routing is working fine between VLANs.

In fact, a computer on Wifi (VLAN 220) can communicate with a server(VLAN 20) both ways with no issue, but the DLink AP (VLAN 220) cannot communicate both ways with a server (VLAN 20). That makes me think it's not a VLAN issue, but something on the DLink AP itself that is blocking the connections.

FurryNutz:
And you do have the 850L set up LAN to LAN, not using the WAN port right?

I can access any of my APs on my system just fine using the LAN to LAN method. However I don't have a VLAN configuration.

johnkiddjr:
Yes, it's connected to LAN3 on the 850L. Picture here showing how it's hooked up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version