The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-859

Wifi Router D-Link Dir-859 - "Bridge" Mode

(1/2) > >>

remi170289:
Hi,

I want to enable the "bridge" mode (I think is the bridge mode - I'm not fluent in english sorry) on my wifi router D-Link Dir-859, but I can't find this option on the configuration page.. I have read the user guide, etc, but I have found nothing! On the user guide, I have seen this sentence " If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) provided you with a modem/router combo, you will need to set it to “bridge” mode so the DIR-859 router can work properly." so theoretically I can do it..

Have someone already configured this router with the bridge mode?

Just a few information if you need:
-Model Name: DIR-859
-Hardware version: A1
-Firmware version: 1.03

I have a domain control and dhcp server so I just want to have a wifi access and connect the wifi router on my switch.

My configuration is:
-One modem of the provider to have Internet
-One router with 4 ports + 1 wan (connected to the modem)
-2 switchs connected to the router

So I just want to add the wifi router just to have a access point, I don't need of the router function..
To do that, I just want to set up the wifi router with the bridge mode..

Thanks you.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
You need this configuration for just AP mode:
Turning a router into an AP.

This model router does not support actual bridge mode.

Hard Harry:
What model modem do you have from your ISP? Also, who is the ISP? If it actually is a modem and not a modem+router combo, then you wouldn't need to bridge anything.

FurryNutz:
Just pointing that I did ask about the modem model information already. LOL  ::)

--- Quote from: Hard Harry on April 12, 2017, 11:52:07 AM ---What model modem do you have from your ISP? Also, who is the ISP? If it actually is a modem and not a modem+router combo, then you wouldn't need to bridge anything.

--- End quote ---

remi170289:
Hi,

I'm in Montreal, Canada! The ISP is Vidéotron and the modem/router of the ISP is: Zyxel EMG2926-Q10A.
This modem/router is connected to my router (VPN, Firewall router), and the model is: NetGear FVS336Gv2.
I have two switch connected to this routeur: NetGear GS748T
And I want to connect the Wifi router D-Link Dir-859 like an Access Point (or I don't really the exact word - Bridge, AP?) to have a wifi access in my enterprise!
If I just configure my Wifi router D-Link Dir-859 like it writes in this webpage (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0), will it work?

Thanks you very much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version