D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-171

DWA-171 not working on Windows 7 64bits (disabled)

(1/2) > >>

Putt4Dough:
Hi,

Had the DWA-130 on XP and upgraded the PC to Windows 7 but the 130 did not work. Bought the 171 and still unable to get it to work...

I'm going nuts over this installation. First I tried installing via the CD. The installation wizard does not finish. The icon stays visible in the taskbar and I have to kill it or reboot the PC. Following that the DWA-171 adapter stays disabled. Tried to uninstall the app but the uninstall process tries to reinstall and mot uninstall. Tries thus on 2 PCs with the same issue. Tried to install the DWA via the driver only thus no software on a new PC, same problem. Any help would be appreciated.  ???

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your Adapter? Look at sticker under adapter.
* What region are you located?
Try the latest river from D-Link web page?

PC 3rd Party Security Software Configurations

* Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?  ???

--- Quote from: Putt4Dough on June 04, 2014, 11:54:30 AM ---Hi,

Had the DWA-130 on XP and upgraded the PC to Windows 7 but the 130 did not work. Bought the 171 and still unable to get it to work...

I'm going nuts over this installation. First I tried installing via the CD. The installation wizard does not finish. The icon stays visible in the taskbar and I have to kill it or reboot the PC. Following that the DWA-171 adapter stays disabled. Tried to uninstall the app but the uninstall process tries to reinstall and mot uninstall. Tries thus on 2 PCs with the same issue. Tried to install the DWA via the driver only thus no software on a new PC, same problem. Any help would be appreciated.  ???

--- End quote ---

Zorfwaddle:
Same problem here.  Bought the adapter the other day to go with the new AC D-Link router I bought at the same time.  Install was problematic but got it to install finally.  Adapter blinking along but W7 reports it disabled.  Tried enabling it and it dropped back to disabled.  Drivers updated to the latest version.  Unplugged all USB connections, still wouldnt enable.  All other network adapters and drivers uninstalled/disabled.  I have know clue where to go from here. :-( 

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your Adapter? Look at sticker under adapter.
* What region are you located?
Try the latest river from D-Link web page?

PC 3rd Party Security Software Configurations

* Turn off all anti virus and firewall programs on PC while testing. 3rd party firewalls are not generally needed when using routers as they are effective on blocking malicious inbound traffic.
What model is the main host router?

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.Wireless Configurations on the main host router
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy

* Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
* What wireless modes are you using?
* 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz routers: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N or AC on 5Ghz?
* Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
* Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear. 13 for EU regions.
* What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
* What wireless devices do you have connected?
* Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by?
* Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many?
* If you have any of these options, Try turning OFF or ON Short GI, WLAN Partition, Extra Wireless Protection and HT 20/40 Co-existence if you have it. Also testing with HT20/40Mhz Co-existence enabled will impact results as well. I prefer to use this option OFF. Recommended settings are default. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

--- Quote from: Zorfwaddle on August 02, 2014, 02:38:22 PM ---Same problem here.  Bought the adapter the other day to go with the new AC D-Link router I bought at the same time.  Install was problematic but got it to install finally.  Adapter blinking along but W7 reports it disabled.  Tried enabling it and it dropped back to disabled.  Drivers updated to the latest version.  Unplugged all USB connections, still wouldnt enable.  All other network adapters and drivers uninstalled/disabled.  I have know clue where to go from here. :-( 

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version