• April 24, 2024, 05:03:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bandwidth Monitor?  (Read 4158 times)

FrostyWolf

• Level 1 Member
Bandwidth Monitor?
« on: April 25, 2009, 12:03:04 AM »

I work for a major PC retailer and technical support store, and more and more I see people coming in and asking about bandwidth.  Since most ISP's restrict bandwidth usage now, a lot of people are looking for ways to monitor what they are using.  Obviously, the best solution for this would be at the router, it could monitor everything on the network, regardless of what it is, including gaming consoles.  My question is, does the DGL-4500 really not have a Bandwidth Monitor?  How is this possible?  You would think a router geared for gaming, with networking prioritizing so you can download and game at the same time, would be able to do this.  On top of it, its got a sexy screen right on top that would be PERFECT for displaying daily/monthly bandwidth.  Is there any plans to implement this? I personally use the DGL-4500 and before it the DGL-4300, and have 4 PC's, 2 laptops, and 3 consoles on the network.  I would absolutely LOVE this feature.

anon

• Level 3 Member
Re: Bandwidth Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 01:41:41 AM »

What has been posted on it so far...

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3032.0