• April 27, 2024, 08:13:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WAP having problems connecting to D-Link switched router.  (Read 8780 times)

kvfelton

• Level 1 Member
WAP having problems connecting to D-Link switched router.
« on: April 01, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

Greetings,

Since there is no DAP 2590 forum, I thought I'd try and post here, as the DAP 2553 is the most similar to the one I am having problems with.  Maybe someone has experienced a similar problem:

I just replaced a Netgear FWG 114P wireless router with two D-Link DAP-2590 wireless access points (WAP), two TrendNet TPE-111GI PoE injectors and a D-Link DGL-4100 router. I set up the DGL-4100 router identical to the Netgear router, but the switch ports on the D-Link router is not active when the WAP's are plugged into it. If I connect a laptop to the ports, it works fine. If I hook up the Netgear router, with internal the wireless disabled, the WAP's work just fine. It's just when I hook up the WAP's to the D-Link router, the switch port lights are not on and the WAP's are inaccessible. Any insight to fix this would be appreciated.

Current configuration on both routers:

WAN configuration:

DHCP to cable modem

LAN configuration:

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

DNS Relay: enabled

RIP: disabled

Router DHCP Scope:

Static I.P. range: 192.168.1.1 - 128

DHCP Range: 192.168.1.129 – 254

WIFI

D-Link DAP-2590 settings

DAP-2590_Master I.P. 192.168.1.11

DAP-2590_Slave I.P. 192.168.1.12

DHCP set to request I.P. address from router.

Thank you
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:54:40 AM by kvfelton »

nclarkeuk

• Level 1 Member
Re: WAP having problems connecting to D-Link switched router. DAP-2590 PoE
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 04:10:28 AM »

I installed a DAP-2590 using a D-Link PoE injector last night and had the same problem. I knew the WAP worked fine because I sat at the switch with it plugged in directly to both the switch and the original power supply, whilst I configured it with my laptop (also plugged into the switch). Once configured, I installed it in its final location. It was at that point that clients could not connect and it was unreachable through ethernet. I assumed it was a wiring problem and replaced the plug on the end of the cable and checked the connections on the patch panel. Still could not connect. In the end, I disconnected the PoE injector and connected the WAP directly to the supplied 5V power supply. Hey presto, instant fix (after around 2 hours of fiddling with the wires, etc). This is how it has been left temporarily so that users can connect.

The D-Link PoE injector I am using is a 48V unit and it powered the previous D-Link PoE WAP (a non-11n unit) successfully. The power light on the DAP-2590 comes on but the light on the switch does not illuminate and the LAN light on WAP does not come on either. For the record, the switch is a D-Link DGS-1224T (from memory).

I was considering two possibilities:

1) the internal cabling may need to be a cross over type because we actually have the cable from the patch panel "appear" out of a wall with a plug on the end, and;

2) Is the PoE injector faulty. I don't have another one to test, or at least if I do it is a 12V version for use where the device is not PoE compatible.

As far as (1) goes, I am not sure about this but it may be worth a try. I may well replace the length of cable anyway as that should rule out cable issues. Let me know if this is of any help. Mine is working now as I said but it is not satisfactory that I can't use it with the PoE.

nclarkeuk