D-Link Wireless Adapters > DWA-192

Connection speed is 400Mbps instead of 867Mbps

(1/3) > >>

RogerSC:
I've just installed the DWA-192 on my Windows 10 Pro desktop. I have a wireless-1200ac router, and was expecting the adapter to connect at 867Mbps. Instead it connects at 400Mbps, which is kind of odd. Is this normal? Is there anything that I can do to get a connection speed of 867Mbps that I was expecting?

Thanks.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

What driver SW did you install with the 192?

* What region are you located?
Should be getting the following:
– Dual Band Performance – Up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz) or 1300Mbps (5GHz)

Try a different PC.
Try Windows 7?
Is USB on PC HW USB 2.0 or 3.0 compliant?

What is the Mfr and model of main host router?
What wireless modes are you using on the main host router?

RogerSC:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 21, 2016, 03:53:49 PM ---Link>Welcome!

What driver SW did you install with the 192?

* What region are you located?
Should be getting the following:
– Dual Band Performance – Up to 600Mbps (2.4GHz) or 1300Mbps (5GHz)

Try a different PC.
Try Windows 7?
Is USB on PC HW USB 2.0 or 3.0 compliant?

What is the Mfr and model of main host router?
What wireless modes are you using on the main host router?

--- End quote ---

Driver is DWA-192_V1.03b04, latest Windows 10 driver on the support website.
Region is US.
USB 3.0
Bought the adapter to use with Windows 10, not interesting to me if it works better on Windows 7.
Router: Netgear Orbi, a wireless-1200ac router.

I'm talking connection speed, not throughput here. When I had a working Asus USB-AC56, it would connect at 867Mbps, and the throughput would be whatever was available. Got the DWA-192 to replace the Asus when it broke recently. I was expecting to see 867Mbps connection (or 433Mbps), 400Mbps speed surprised me, unpleasantly. My internet download is 200/10, and that seems to go full speed, but I'm wondering now what the top speed is going to be if I'm only getting a 400Mbps link/connection speed.

Or it may be normal that it connects at 400Mbps...doesn't seem normal, but it might be *smile*.

Thanks!

FurryNutz:
Those speeds I posted are max connection rates, no thru put. Thruput is totally different.

If you got connection rates around 867Mb with the Asus router and your not now with the NG router, then there maybe an issue with the NG router and the 192.

Was the 192 connecting at 867Mb with Windows 10 on the Asus router when it was working?

RogerSC:
A little confusion here...I just got the DWA-192 today, never been connected to an Asus router. I was referring to a previous Asus wireless-ac network adapter (USB-AC56, as I said) that showed a connection speed of 867Mbps, and is now deceased. Probably shouldn't have mentioned that.

And yes, I do know the difference between connection speed and throughput, that's why I gave both (connection speed of 400Mbps and throughput of about 200Mbps). I was surprised that the connection speed was only 400Mbps, I was expecting 867Mbps.

Thanks for trying to help, I'll take this issue elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version