The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Other D-Link Products

DWR-953 firmware

(1/1)

crlarsen:
I recently bought the DWR-953 because it supports a 4G WAN connection. It's firmware seems to offer quite limited features compared to my older D-link router, a DIR-645, which runs the firmware with the orange band on top. In addition, the accompanying user manual is of little help as it only provides absolutely obvious information.

I was trying to invoke MAC address filtering (my intention was to block off a particular device), but it seems as if the device only offers white listing, not black listing:

The two options I have available are:

"Wireless clients with A selected can associate to the wireless LAN and allow/deny connections from unspecified MAC addresses."

"Wireless and wired clients with C selected can connect to this device and allow/deny connections from unspecified MACaddresses."

(see manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/977114/D-Link-Dwr-118.html?page=41)

Is there a way to block of one particular device but allow other devices, provided they have the WPA2 access key?

Also, is there a way to replace the current firmware with the "orange" one?

FurryNutz:
No, older FW is not compatible with newer versions of DWR models.

If the 935 offers white listing, then reverse your thinking and add the devices that are allowed. I presume all others would be blocked...

For more help and information regarding this, I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version