The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-5030L

DCS-5030L intermittently disconnects from mydlink, local LAN is fine

(1/2) > >>

happyhere:

DCS-5030L with firmware 1.03

anyone have same issue? it will disconnect with Mydlink after several hours. 
But camera can still be accessed via local network.  A physical reboot (remove power) will reconnect to mydlink and disconnect again after few hours

it is setup with static dhcp via router.

firmware wishlist:
a. Scheduled Reboot option  (942L, 960L, 5222L have this option). Not sure why the 50x0 series dont have it.

Right now, the 5030L is paired with dlink DSP-W215 smart plug so I can manually reboot the IP camera. 
But sometimes the W215 will go offline on its own.  :D

RYAT3:
The only thing I can compare to is that my old IPOD 2 causes issues when it connects to my wifi and knocks off 4 cameras (no 5030L here) which eventually come back.

Do you have apple products there?

Although I have had some issues this past week, not sure if my IPOD is recharging again. I thought I unplugged it.

happyhere:

--- Quote from: RYAT3 on April 15, 2017, 09:49:13 AM ---The only thing I can compare to is that my old IPOD 2 causes issues when it connects to my wifi and knocks off 4 cameras (no 5030L here) which eventually come back.

Do you have apple products there?

Although I have had some issues this past week, not sure if my IPOD is recharging again. I thought I unplugged it.

--- End quote ---

yes there - 1 apple tv3, 3 iphone and 1 ipad.  but then, other ip cameras are unaffected and will reconnect to Mydlink

FurryNutz:
Set a static IP address on the 5030L camera instead of a Dynamic address.
Test camera along with all other wifi devices disconnected.
Try single mode N, WPA2 and AES only with manual channel 11.

happyhere:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 16, 2017, 11:57:38 AM ---Set a static IP address on the 5030L camera instead of a Dynamic address.
Test camera along with all other wifi devices disconnected.
Try single mode N, WPA2 and AES only with manual channel 11.

--- End quote ---

It is not my practice in putting static IP on the device itself as I have 2 routers in repeater mode or 2 routers with different network segment.
My work in large company with thousands of pc also advices NOT putting static IP on the pc itself.  :)

Anyway, I will try your static IP suggestion to isolate issue.  My router is already WPA2 and AES, wireless N and in channel either 1,6 or 11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version