The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Other D-Link Products

DIR-651 question

(1/1)

Drauka:
Hello Guys & Gals,

i have an old router DIR-651 and I have a question about it and a wireless printer.

Is there a feature where i can make an ip address where only my printer can use the IP address?
So we have 3 computers in the house and 1 wireless printer and currently my printer is set for dhcp auto so it changes ip's every so often so I want to set it manually to 192.168.0.107.
i know where setting is in printer so that is fine.

But I want to open router and make sure that the ip 192.168.0.107 can be used by the 3 computers or any other wireless device we have.
I do not want to set ip of each device manually so is there a setting in the router where i can set the printer 192.168.0.107 so it is only the printer that can use it?

I hope that makes sense as sometimes I suck at explaining things.
I could not find a forum on the site for the DIR-651 which is why i posted the question in this thread.

Thanks in advance
Drauka

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Yes you can reserve that IP address with in the routers web page. Should be under Setup/Network Settings/Add DHCP Reservation
As seen here: http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dir655/133NA/Basic_Network.html

Also check page 24 of the user manual as well for information on this: http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-651

FYI:
    This product has been discontinued.
    Free support for this product will end on 11/01/2017

Drauka:
Hello FurryNutz,

My router is A2 with firmware 1.11NA.

I found the section you mentioned me to look at.
I don't know how I missed it as I kept going page by page in the router.

Anyways thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
With your help i found the section and reserved the ip and manually set it in the printer.
Now everything works great.

Thanks again for the help.
Drauka

FurryNutz:
Enjoy.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version