The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

Big problems with my DIR-895L

(1/3) > >>

gogerry:
Hello - Big problems with my DIR-895L.  Having same problem with power light coming on white and turning orange.  No wifi lights at all.  Have done factory reset and firmware uploads - no change.  Very disappointed with this product considering I thought since I spent good money for it and read all the reviews.  Support is not helpful

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Does this happen with and with out the router being connected to the ISP modem?

Can you have a look at the power adapter block and it's tip. Can you or have someone measure the tip plug and make sure it's out putting the same voltage and amps listed on the sticker?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

--- Quote from: gogerry on February 01, 2017, 12:32:55 PM ---Hello - Big problems with my DIR-895L.  Having same problem with power light coming on white and turning orange.  No wifi lights at all.  Have done factory reset and firmware uploads - no change.  Very disappointed with this product considering I thought since I spent good money for it and read all the reviews.  Support is not helpful

--- End quote ---

gogerry:
Hardware Version A1
Firmware Version 1.13b03
Happens with/without being connected to ISP Modem
Yes, voltage is good

FurryNutz:
I'm wondering if the FW install is bad maybe.

Can you do this? See if you can get to the Recovery mode and do a clean install of v1.12 using FF. Might even try v1.00 first. Be sure to clear browser caches before and after sending the FW file and disable ANY and all browser security plug-ins and PC software security temporarily while you do this:
Emergency Recovery Mode

Don't use v1.13.

Has the router worked at all before or after updating to v1.13? Or has this been the same behavior all along?

gogerry:
I have completed the Emergency Recovery Mode several times.  I always get the SUCCESS on the upload.

I did install the older firmware v1.00 and got the SUCCESS message, however no change to the behaviour of the router
I also installed the new version v1.13 and got the SUCCESS message, however no change to the behaviour of the router

It as not worked at all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version