The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-890L

NEW BUILD - 1.10b07_Beta - Nov 25, 2016 on support.dlink.ca (Canadian Site)

(1/4) > >>

tmlfan007:
Good Morning,

I noticed this morning a new file posted on the Canadian Support site and all other builds (including the recently released 1.11) are removed. This new file is dated November 25, 2016 and my hope was that this is a fix to the problems we had with the initially released 1.10. I have installed this build and (Fingers Crossed) so far so good! No dropouts since I installed it - I even had dropouts with 1.11 but this build is good so far!

The way this is labelled with _beta does this mean that this is a beta re-release of 1.10? It seems odd though that 1.11 is gone considering it was labelled as a security release.

The US site doesn't contain this build ... at least not yet!

Anyone have any info?

FurryNutz:
Looks like the same build 07 as whats posted on the USA site:
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-890L%2FR

Looking at the file sizes between the USA and CA version, USA 19,529 and CA 19,601Mb. Maybe there's some changes.  :o

IMRJS:
Thanks for the information tmlfan007. I also just installed it see what happens....

R

IMRJS:
"No dropouts since I installed it - I even had dropouts with 1.11 but this build is good so far! " This was true for me also... At first when I tested 1.11 and had no dropouts but as time went on I noticed it happing more when at a distance from router. I didn't have time to report it here because of work.  But this version does seem ok.... Most of my dropouts happen two floors up in the bedroom and none so far.

FurryNutz:
Sounds like maybe the wifi drivers have been corrected in this version. Keep us posted. I'll load mine up as well, however I haven't seen any issues with v1.11. Had two bridges streaming video and numerous devices connected. Didn't see anything. I can only think that maybe some particular devices had issue with the wifi drivers which seem to be the cause. Hope this new version works all around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version