• April 26, 2024, 08:24:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: can you use dropbox with the DNS-320L?  (Read 5869 times)

Tikigod19

• Level 2 Member
can you use dropbox with the DNS-320L?
« on: October 26, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »

I noticed there is an app for the 340L does anyone know if I can get that app for my 320L or if not does anyone have any suggestions of alternatives to share 150+gb of video online that doesnt involve leaving my power hungry pc on for 2 days whilst it uploads!

Thanks!

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: can you use dropbox with the DNS-320L?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »

Upload to where? 

If it is Dropbox you might have a problem, or a very slow connection, because 150GB is small by many standards (we shift several TB of data between clients using FTP without problems but dropbox doesn't allow FTP transfer).

Tikigod19

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 03:32:14 AM »

I'm only on a residential internet connection so would my upload speed be any slower on dropbox (its currently telling me 780kb/sec despite a speed test showing my upload speed as 5mb/sec) than by using FTP?

Currently yes I'm trying to upload some video to dropbox for an editor in the states to edit for me.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 07:32:30 AM »

OK, my service manager pointed out that there is a site that has a number of addons for D-Link NAS boxes.
http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/

In the Backup/Sync section you will find VtCloud, an addon written by the owner of the site (note it does need VtCron from the Utilities section to be installed first), which may do what you want.

The fact that I mention the site and addons does not mean that I endorse them - in fact all I know about them is that some people on other D-Link NAS forums have used some of the addons.

Tikigod19

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 02:31:44 AM »

its a real shame that that addon doesnt work and there seems to be no support (even with offer of payment) from the developer..

mpcr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 07:49:07 AM »

Latest firmware has dropbox by default. However it seem to fail syncing large files (33GB) and some zip files, I mean download from dropbox into the NAS.