The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DAP-1360

Obtaining IP address problem

(1/8) > >>

Konekcija:
Hi,

sorry if this issue is being resolved already somewhere inside the topic. I couldn't find the answer suiting my problem 100%.

So here is the problem.

1. on the ground floor I have a main WiFi router I got from my internet provider (T-Com). The device is Siemens SX763 Wlan DSL. The settings of this WiFi are as follow:

Wirelles network: On
Channel: Automatic
SSID: Network 1
Transmission mode: Mixed
Super G: Disabled

LAN settings:
IP Address: 192.168.1.1
DHCP server: On
First issued IP: 192.168.1.100
Last issued IP: 192.168.1.253

2. On the first floor I have Dlink DAP-1360 which is connected with the main router on the ground floor with LAN network cable (UTP). The idea is to get a good signal strength on the 1st floor with DAP-1360 in Access Point mode. The settings of DAP-1360 are:

Enable wireless: Always
Wireless mode: Access Point
Wireles Network Name: Network 2
802.11 mode: Mixed
Wireless channel: Automatic
Channel Width: 20MHz
Visibility status: unchecked
Security mode: WPA personal

LAN settings:
My LAN connection is: DHCP

And now the problem:

Network 2 (the one from DAP-1360) has a perfect signal on the first floor. The problem start when you try to connect to that network as the Access point has problems with Obtaining IP address to the client trying to connect. Once you manage to connect to the Access point, everything is perfect, the signal, stability of it and everything but the first step in the whole process is really hard to pass (obtaining the IP). To connect you need to forget the Network 1 (main router) and Network 2 (dap-1360) and then turn off and on your WiFi on iPhone or whatever device you try to connect, and after that you somehow manage to receive IP address from Dap-1360. There must be some conflict between main router on the ground floor and dap-1360 on the 1st floor. I didn't manage to solve this despite trying to change some settings (giving the same channels to main router and dap-1360 etc.)

Thank you in advance for helping me solve this problem.

FurryNutz:

* What Hardware version is your DAP? Look at sticker under DAP.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DAPs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Check to see if you can disable the DHCP server on the DAP as you already have a DHCP server On the ISP modem.

Also if you have 2 wireless radios running, make sure your using manual separate channels on each radio, set ISP modem to 1 and the DAP to 11. You can use the same SSID and PW for both, just channels should be different.

Konekcija:
Thanks for your fast reply.

I can disable DHCP on DAP-1360. But then I need to setup a Gateway address on DAP-1360. What should I write there:

Other settings are:

IP Address : 192.168.0.50    
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway address: 0.0.0.0 

I'm notified that Gateway address can't be set to zero. After I solve this I'll be able to disable DHCP on DAP, and will set up channels manually as you have suggested.

FurryNutz:
192.168.1.1 which is the modem/router gateway IP address.

Konekcija:
Hm, I tried 192.168.1.1 but then I got a message: "The Gateway and IP must be a same network"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version