• March 28, 2024, 02:24:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DCS-2332L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 95472 times)

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
Re: DCS-2332L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 07:55:46 AM »

Setting Motion Detection area requires IE because the motion configuration uses an ActiveX control. An update to use a different plugin that is compatible with other browsers should be used.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »

Setting Motion Detection area requires IE because the motion configuration uses an ActiveX control. An update to use a different plugin that is compatible with other browsers should be used.

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• General - Non-IE browser support for Zoop and PTZ
  • Day/Night Mode - Option to set different exposure settings for Day and Night Mode (e.g. noise, gain)
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Image - Option to rotate camera image 90 degrees to accommodate different camera mounting orientations
  • Maintenance - Scheduled reboot (with a user defined interval, e.g. 3 hrs., 6 hrs., 12 hrs., 24 hrs.)
  • Motion Detection - Option to adjust PIR sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - Option to draw motion detection area (similar to DCS-5222L Web UI)
  • Motion Detection - Option to set different motion detection sensitivity settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - Remove dependency on ActiveX controls to configure motion detection area (i.e. support for non-IE browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Refine Day/Night mode switching judgment
  • SD Card - Ability to delete non-empty directories
  • SD Card - Add FTP access
  • SD Card [Bug] - Time stamp on files saved to the SD card are different from camera local timezone
  • Video - Ability to store Files in sub-directories
  • Video - Store motion detection events as one contiguous file rather than many small video clips (i.e. implement through user configurable video duration and maximum file size)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

hbien03

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »

First, given the difficulty in accessing the recorded pictures/media, it would be very convenient (and much easier for them to implement) to permit browsing the recorded videos using HTTP, e.g. http://cameraIP/sdcard/... rather than use their clumsy CGI script.

Also, may want to clean up the the list a bit, i.e.:
Motion Detection - Option to draw motion detection area is related to dependency on ActiveX (problem only occurs on non-IE browsers)
The bug on filenames stored in SD card I have read others have posted about and also the solution - a reboot (worked in my case). So I'm not sure if it's going to be an easy bug to fix.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 04:58:34 AM »

First, given the difficulty in accessing the recorded pictures/media, it would be very convenient (and much easier for them to implement) to permit browsing the recorded videos using HTTP, e.g. http://cameraIP/sdcard/... rather than use their clumsy CGI script.

Added...

Also, may want to clean up the the list a bit, i.e.:
Motion Detection - Option to draw motion detection area is related to dependency on ActiveX (problem only occurs on non-IE browsers)

Thanks, good catch!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 05:00:43 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• Day/Night Mode - Option to set different exposure settings for Day and Night Mode (e.g. noise, gain)
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Image - Option to rotate camera image 90 degrees to accommodate different camera mounting orientations
  • Maintenance - Scheduled reboot (with a user defined interval, e.g. 3 hrs., 6 hrs., 12 hrs., 24 hrs.)
  • Motion Detection - Option to set different motion detection sensitivity settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - Remove dependency on ActiveX controls to configure motion detection area (i.e. support for non-IE browsers)
  • SD-Card - Option to browse recorded video using HTTP (e.g. http://cameraIP/scard/...) rather than the existing CGI script
  • SD Card [Bug] - Time stamp on files saved to the SD card are different from camera local timezone
  • Video - Store motion detection events as one contiguous file rather than many small video clips (i.e. implement through user configurable video duration and maximum file size)

• TBD

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »

Auto daylight savings does not seem to work. It puts in a strange offset that messes up the time. Manual DST works fine.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »

Auto daylight savings does not seem to work. It puts in a strange offset that messes up the time. Manual DST works fine.

Added to the wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• Date/Time - Auto daylight savings time does not work (offset inserted that results in incorrect time)
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • SD-Card - Option to browse recorded video using HTTP (e.g. http://cameraIP/scard/...) rather than the existing CGI script

• TBD

vagner_br

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:39 PM »

-Support SdCard 64Gb
-IFTTT API

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 04:33:41 AM »

-Support SdCard 64Gb
-IFTTT API

Added to the firmware wishlist...

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:06 AM »

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• General - IFTTT AP
  • Date/Time - Auto daylight savings time does not work (offset inserted that results in incorrect time)
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Motion Detection - Refine Day/Night mode switching judgmentI
  • SD Card - 64GB Support

• TBD

chimpooooo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »

Hello,

The last firmware Version which is 1.01.04.rar was released June 21 2013. When is the next release schedule, which may incorporate some or all of our wishlists?

Thanks

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »

Hello,

The last firmware Version which is 1.01.04.rar was released June 21 2013. When is the next release schedule, which may incorporate some or all of our wishlists?

Thanks

A security release patch (i.e. firmware update) is due out in the near future, but that firmware will not include any fixes other than addressing latent security concerns. I do not have an ETA on the next regular firmware release or what will be included therein.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »

DCS-2332L Wishlist

• General - IFTTT AP
  • FTP - SFTP Support
  • Motion Detection - Refine Day/Night mode switching judgmentI
  • SD Card - 64GB Support

• TBD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5