• October 15, 2018, 05:45:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Getting lots of DUP! responses from pings  (Read 12686 times)

shauny123

• Level 1 Member
Getting lots of DUP! responses from pings
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:56 AM »

Hi

My macpro is inside a cupboard with plently of ventilation, but poor wifi signal.  I have added a D-Link DWA-140 on a long USB cable, and I get a good wifi signal from it (90%), and the drivers seem to work fine under Mountain Lion - the System Preferences Pane works.  However, using the DWA-140 to ping my router, 192.168.1.254 (or an external IP, like www.google.com), gives some duplicate responses (DUP!) - the subnet seems correct (255.255.255.0) and the IP address from DHCP is fine (192.168.1.105).    This seems odd - it does not happen if I use the built in wifi card?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Shaun

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • New DIR-890L Router with SmartConnect™ Technology
Re: Getting lots of DUP! responses from pings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:54:59 AM »

What do you mean my duplicate responses? Can you give an example?
What make and model host router do you have?

"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

shauny123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »

Hi

I mean when I use ping, some of the responses come back with (DUP!) - the ping response for duplicate responses.

I have a Billion 7800n router, but surely that's irrelevant as the duplicates only happen when I connect to the wifi over the DWA-140.  When I use my internal wifi card, I do not get duplicates.

They happen whatever I ping - external machines (such as www.google.com) and the router itself.

The internet connection seems to work OK, I just want to know if all the duplicates are going to be an issue.

Thanks

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »

Do you get the same results if you take the DWA-140 connected device to a different location and different router?
"Nothing Funny about It...." We are not here to Impress anyone! You have a be a COMPETENT user first to under stand COMPETENT help!

shauny123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

Hi

I only have one router, but when I try the DWA-140 in a PC I still get duplicates (which I don't get on the internal wifi card), so I can't see how it's the router?

Shaun

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:35:33 AM »

Just curious if this problem exists with a different router, not in a different PC.

Does this seem to effect the operation of the 140 and using it?