• June 23, 2018, 08:02:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:59:45 PM 
Started by Replicon - Last post by Replicon
Hello,

I've been runing a DIR-655 router, along with a cable modem.

* Wired connection
* I'm in the US
* H/W version is B1
* I just upgraded firmware to the latest before reaching out through this forum.

I'd like to ask about two separate issues:

1) When I run Speed Test with my modem directly connected, I see my normal high speed (~100Mbps), but if I run it through the DIR-655, it drops to the 37Mbps range. This being a gigabit router, I'd expect there to be zero issues processing this comparatively low rate, yet it cuts it down to like a third of what it should be. This is completely unacceptable. How do I fix it? I've found some anecdotes about this router being full of bloat that can be disabled, and in particular, "DNS Relaying" apparently is a big culprit. I tried disabling that, but then I wasn't able to connect to anything at all. Maybe I did it wrong.

2) I just changed my modem from an Arris SB6190 to a MB8600, and now I can't see the modem status page (192.168.100.1). This address is the same as with my Arris, and when I tested with just the modem directly connected to my pc, it works just fine, so it's definitely the router doing something broken.

While you might be able to say "this is a crazy old router" for (1) (even though I don't buy it - I'm not exactly on the bleeding edge of speed here), there's no way you can say that for (2), since I'm just... literally trying to hit an address that WORKED with all my previous modems.

so... little help? Let me know what other info would be helpful here. Thanks!

on: Today at 05:18:57 PM 
Started by asamirhd - Last post by FurryNutz
Something on your one PC isn't working.
Be sure to disable any wireless on the PC if your using the LAN cable connection.
What does your Networking status say when you have a LAN cable connected to the modem?

on: Today at 05:10:49 PM 
Started by asamirhd - Last post by asamirhd
I did reset all my connections to default my laptop obtaining ip automatically but i tried router on another pc and it worked but it still not working on mine!! 

on: Today at 08:39:01 AM 
Started by asamirhd - Last post by FurryNutz
Make sure you don't have any static IP set up on the laptop. Be sure it's using Automatic Obtain IP addressing.

on: Today at 08:37:45 AM 
Started by shmish - Last post by FurryNutz
So it's connected to the 2.4Ghz radio if it's on channel 11.

Are you wanting it to connect to the 5Ghz radio?

on: Today at 12:28:11 AM 
Started by asamirhd - Last post by asamirhd
Hi All,

I just bought a brand new router from Egypt model number DSL 2790 U and i tried to access configuration page through my laptop via WIFI i got d link page when i enter password it return with error page 192.168.1.1 didnít send any data .the same with Ethernet cable  but when i tried to access it via my mobile phone i managed to do this without any error ?? Hardware version 1.00 and  Firmware Version:ME_1.01

on: June 22, 2018, 06:38:12 PM 
Started by shmish - Last post by shmish
I logged into the 868L.  The status page says it is connected on channel 11 and doesn't say much else.

netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid is only showing my main router now, I don't think the 868L is being listed.

I also installed inSSIDer office trial to see if I could monitor the wifi strength.  The MAC address of the 868L is not showing there either, it is just showing the MAC address of main router. I was led to believe that this program would identify the repeater bridge device as well:  https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1079845-how-do-i-check-if-my-wireless-repeater-is-working-or-not/

on: June 22, 2018, 09:59:40 AM 
Started by Orius - Last post by FurryNutz
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.

on: June 22, 2018, 09:58:57 AM 
Started by jagmag - Last post by FurryNutz
Ok, hope it can be fixed or get replaced.

Good Luck.

on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:16 AM 
Started by Orius - Last post by Orius
Hi, thanks for replying!
Unfortunately, I couldn't find that information in the user manual.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10