• April 26, 2024, 09:32:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Cameras are connected to WIFI, but green light is off - Can't view them either  (Read 5718 times)

phuz

• Level 1 Member

None of my three cameras are working with myDlink this morning.  All three are connected to WIFI and I can ping them.  I can also go to their individual web pages for them.  I have tried rebooting each one.  I have unplugged each one.  They will reconnect but never get the green light.

However, I can view all three of them using a program called iSpy.  I use this program a lot because it allows me to view all three cameras at once (for each kid's room) on my computer and allows me to resize them so it doesn't take up the entire window.  (D-cam view does not allow this)

In the myDlink app, all three cameras have red x's.  They will appear in local mode, but if I tried to connect to one, it just times out. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:25:07 AM by phuz »

PAFL

• Level 2 Member

same here.  I think it is part of the maintenance upgrade that was done last night

phuz

• Level 1 Member

Ahh.  Deployment before testing.  Sounds like a lot of companies these days.

Hopefully that's it.
Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

mydlink isn't working for me either.  Escalating the issue to D-Link...  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

manitoulinguy

• Level 1 Member

Same  here. since early this morning, I have eight cameras, three are visible through mydlink, but the other 5 are not and remain red x. All cameras are online and visible through ip address port web page. Multiple reboots power off ,router reboots, etc, concluded problem is with mydlink themselves. Hoping for a resolution sap.   

manitoulinguy

• Level 1 Member

Update, Lost one that was working through app, gained one that was red x. Still only 3 of 8 up on app even after refresh and relog in.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

phuz

• Level 1 Member

I don't use uPnP on my home network, and I have never had to use it on the cameras to get them to work.
To me, that is not a solution and if it comes down to it, I will sell these and look for an alternative.

phuz

• Level 1 Member

Cameras are back up.
So if this was related to a maintenance upgrade, why wouldn't the LOCAL cameras work?  The whole idea is to bypass the mydlink server.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Cameras are back up.
So if this was related to a maintenance upgrade, why wouldn't the LOCAL cameras work?  The whole idea is to bypass the mydlink server.

You are correct. The status of mydlink has no impact on the availability of your cameras when accessed via IP address on a browser from a PC on the same LAN as the cameras. Coincidence.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC