• March 28, 2024, 10:27:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera port for mydlink to work (DCS930L)  (Read 36221 times)

v1das

• Level 1 Member
Camera port for mydlink to work (DCS930L)
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »

I noticed that for mydlink.com to work with my camera, I have to make sure that port on my camera is 80. Am I doing something wrong, or is that a requirement?
I want to be able to access my cameras from outside using mydlink AND as another option typing in IP address (forwarding through my router). If that setup works, I am ready to buy more cameras.
The reason why I need to access my camera using IP address - because otherwise mydlink tells me that there is maximum connection limit 60seconds.

Any clarification on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

v1das

• Level 1 Member
Re: Camera port for mydlink to work (DCS930L)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:44:10 PM »

I believe I figured out what to do.
I leave my camera on port 80.
On my router I setup forwarding from port lets say 8080: to my local IP address and port 80
This way I can access from outside multiple cameras and all of them are using port 80, hence mydlink also works. In this case when access my first camera from outside I would specify: http://myIPAddress:8080.
I am not using UPNP as it does not work and I just don't understand how it supposed to work :-(.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Tarv

• Level 2 Member
Re: Camera port for mydlink to work (DCS930L)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 08:24:54 AM »

I believe I figured out what to do.
I leave my camera on port 80.
On my router I setup forwarding from port lets say 8080: to my local IP address and port 80
This way I can access from outside multiple cameras and all of them are using port 80, hence mydlink also works. In this case when access my first camera from outside I would specify: http://myIPAddress:8080.
I am not using UPNP as it does not work and I just don't understand how it supposed to work :-(.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

This is the way I would do it as well.
Set the external port on the router to your choice, point it to the ip of the camera on port 80.

uPNP won't work for you in this way.