• March 29, 2024, 07:53:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gmail issues  (Read 2029 times)

SUPCUZ

• Level 1 Member
Gmail issues
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

I have a couple of DCS cams, various models. They all work fine. Nothing wrong with the hardware nor software. The problem is they are in my store which is high traffic but I like to see what is going on. Gmail every few days will disable the account I'm using to send the snapshots. I need to log in to my gmail and fix it. Usually this entails typing on some letters that are italicized so gmail doesn't think I am a doing spam. I imagine that is why the cameras stop sending snapshots as they cant type in the security letters gmail is asking for? How do you folks manage this? Just use another email service? I've tried Hotmail and its worse.

ravenfrost

• Level 1 Member
Re: Gmail issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:29:59 AM »

It's really normal on email accounts to block the files if it's already sending a large amount of emails continuously thinking that it's spam. Depending on the model no. of your cam, you can just use the other options for storage. Or try using D-View Cam, but it requires the computer to be on 24hrs.

Sorry for the english.