• April 26, 2024, 01:33:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 320L or any DLink NAS and IP Security Camera(s)  (Read 1639 times)

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
320L or any DLink NAS and IP Security Camera(s)
« on: January 29, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »

Is it only me?  What am I doing wrong?  or is my negativity towards DLink just gained more ammunition?
The facts I have owned but not loved a 320L for over 12 months.  I've tried this plugin and that plugin to improve functionality and mostly I've been dissatisfied - my main setup is currently storing all my media and kodi database and just allow Android devices to play/transcode almost anything I add.

So basically it's a NAS

Now I've been looking at security for my home DLink cameras are too expensive for what you get and as my 320L is only a NAS I thought installing and running MySurveillance with some non DLink cameras would be a fairly basic task....how wrong could I be?

So wrong that I should have learned from previous addons, failed plugins and firmware updates

Don't ask me to telephone DLink support this is the 21st century and it's about time DLink joined us and improved from just telephone support.  Of course they can, there is no excuse ffs they do build/manufacture/sell goods for the computer/internet so why only provide telephone support.

Anyway stepping off of my soapbox just put a cross against my userid on the ballot papers "for President of DLink" and I'll kick some a$$ and get the right tools for the job - exactly what we've all been waiting for.

ps
So I have 320L (fw 1.06) + MySurveillance (which doesn't run in chrome) and a DBPower C300E HD IP camera that I can access from my pc but can't get 320L to find it
If anyone knows how to get a non DLink camera working and storing video recordings onto a 320L I'd be eternally grateful

http://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-Waterproof-Outdoor-Security-Detection/dp/B014K8D1XU  <<  camera
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:22:51 AM by philphil61 »