• March 28, 2024, 04:08:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2230 - Browser Issue  (Read 5222 times)

belvedere

DCS-2230 - Browser Issue
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »

Hi!  Sorry for the delay (I'm not a "regular" here)

Please elaborate on the "Eliminate the emails..." request  ???
ActiveX is not required for all browsers. Firefox uses Java.
[/list]

The e-mail .log issue has already been addressed above.  I was also able to make them less frequent by increasing the blank-out time between detecting motion events.

On the Java/ActiveX issue: I have three The DCS-942L cameras that use a Java applet for drawing the motion area in the Manual Motion Detection setup screen.  It works with any browser that supports Java including Safari and Firefox on Mac OSX.

On the DCS-2230, the Manual Motion Detection Setup seems to use an ActiveX control for choosing the motion area, so it works only with IE on a Windows computer.  It does not work with Safari or Firefox.  Everything else with the camera works with the Mac except for the motion setup.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:20:13 PM by belvedere »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2230 - Browser Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:13:16 AM »

On the Java/ActiveX issue: I have three The DCS-942L cameras that use a Java applet for drawing the motion area in the Manual Motion Detection setup screen.  It works with any browser that supports Java including Safari and Firefox on Mac OSX.

On the DCS-2230, the Manual Motion Detection Setup seems to use an ActiveX control for choosing the motion area, so it works only with IE on a Windows computer.  It does not work with Safari or Firefox.  Everything else with the camera works with the Mac except for the motion setup.

D-Link is aware of specific incompatibilities with Macintosh. Just to be clear, are you also saying that manual motion detection does not work with Safari/Firefox on Windows PCs or Macintosh or both?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

belvedere

DCS-2230 - Browser Issue
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:35 AM »

D-Link is aware of specific incompatibilities with Macintosh. Just to be clear, are you also saying that manual motion detection does not work with Safari/Firefox on Windows PCs or Macintosh or both?

Hi JavaLaywer,

Last time I tried, the video motion region setup worked only with IE on Windows and with the security settings turned down.  Any other browser on either Windows or Mac did not work.  So, it did not work with Firefox on Windows, nor did it work in any browser on the Mac.

The Java applet on the DCS-942L worked fine everywhere I tried.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2230 - Browser Issue
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 05:58:56 AM »

Last time I tried, the video motion region setup worked only with IE on Windows and with the security settings turned down.  Any other browser on either Windows or Mac did not work.  So, it did not work with Firefox on Windows, nor did it work in any browser on the Mac.

Can other users validate that selecting the motion detection region on the DCS-2230 only works on IE on Windows and not with any other plat form or device?
 ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Crp

• Level 1 Member
DCS-2230 - Browser Issue
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:39 AM »

Yes, only works in IE for me. (windows)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member