• April 24, 2024, 01:38:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Security concern with DCS-930L  (Read 2733 times)

tester1

• Level 1 Member
Security concern with DCS-930L
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »

Hello,

I've owned a DCS-930L for a while now and only lately I've noticed something bothersome.
I've always viewed the camera from video (ActiveX for example). And anytime I viewed it - the camera LED was blinking. It was the feature that gave me a great feeling of security - If someone was watching my camera and managed to bruteforce the password - at least I'd known they are watching and I could turn the camera off.

I know the chances someone would do that are extremely low, but this feature was the only thing that made me calm and allowed me to freely use the cameras.

So the issue is that I found out it is possible to access the cgi (/image/jpeg.cgi) and view it, and the camera's LED won't blink.

I would like to ask if it is possible to implement a feature that would make the camera blink whenever someone is connected to it at all (such as to any page via the browser)? It would make me, and I bet other users, feel more secure. I'm the only one who has access to the camera so it will make me feel at much ease knowing it will blink when someone else is.

Thank you for your time reading my post. I would be very happy to receive any comment from the D-LINK team or the community.

P.S.
Is the source code of the firmware available somewhere? Or is it completely closed  :-[?
Anyway thank you again, I'm happy to see the community here and the available, recent (!) updates ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Security concern with DCS-930L
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »

You can post your request here: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

tester1

• Level 1 Member