• March 28, 2024, 09:12:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Backup of Smartphones-PCs / FolderSync / GoodSync / Duplicati2  (Read 1766 times)

werde_fit

• Level 1 Member

Dear all,

I have a DNS325 at home, just for a little bit fun and storage. I connect to the drive via CIFS with my PC.
However, in view of the recent waves of ransomware I would like to disconnect the PC from the NAS via CIFS and doing backups via WebDav or FTP. In addition, when already playing around with such solutions I would like to backup the smartphones of the family automatically during the night while charging.

So, first I started to think about a backup strategy for the PC and tested it via CIFS with Duplicati.
Moreover, yesterday I tried FolderSync with my Androidphone for backing up my photo folder via WebDav or FTP. Unfortunately, I was not successful at all.
I shared one folder giving read/write permissions to the backup user and group, but I got errors like "cannot read folders..", "no access etc.". The URL I used for WebDav was http://IP:80/webdav/share  and the respective credentials.

Did anyone a successful setup?

In addition, does anybody know if it is possible to sort files after a upload? My idea is that after to upload/one-way sync the pictures are sorted according the date of recording, e.g. /backup/year/month/pic-number-.jpg ?

Many thanks for any help.
With best regards
Dirk