• April 16, 2024, 08:11:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any good converter ?  (Read 13298 times)

kolinb

• Level 1 Member
Re: Any good converter ?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 06:07:14 PM »

That is similar to what I have done.  I use MKVExtractGUI to extract the audio track out of the MKV file.  I then convert the MKV to XVid AVI using RiverPast (video only checked).

I then use AVIMux to take the resulting XVid AVI and the audio tract into a new AVI with both audio and video. 

It is a couple steps, but the result is a great looking and sounding AVI that will play on the DSM-520.

I find WMV 9 does not look as good as XVid.

It would be really nice to have MKV & H.264 native support in the DSM-520.

If you need any more info on the converting method I used, ask away.

Kolinb

DeathNACan

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »

I have had very good luck using AVS Video Converter.  It supports batch file conversion and combining different videos into one file.  The latest version 6.x also supports flv and mkv files natively.  If you have a codec installed, it will pick it up.  I am currently in the process of ripping my movies to avi and use DVDDecrpyter to get the files to the HD and then AVS Video Converter to change them to AVI files.

DeathNACan

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »

Okay, there is a piece of freeware software called FairUse Wizard that does an excellent job of ripping DVD movies into Divx format which in my testing is 100 percent compatible with the DSM-520 and the Playstation 3.  They make two versions, one Freeware and one Commercial.  There are minor limitations to the freeware version.  It seems to product the highest quality rips I have seen so far.
Pages: 1 [2]