• March 28, 2024, 10:54:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492782 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »

...how about being able to set the brightness/contrast separately for day and night mode?

I use my camera through a window to monitor my driveway at night.  IR LEDs reflect off the window so by taping over them and turning up the brightness, I can see my driveway.  But when it switches back to daylight mode in the morning sun, the high brightness washes out the image.

Added...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2012, 06:15:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

matze66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »

Please add the option to get a logo on the liveimage.
I wish my logo on a edge of the live image.

And sorry for my bad english.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »

Please add the option to get a logo on the liveimage.
I wish my logo on a edge of the live image.

And sorry for my bad english.

Not sure what you are referring to. . .  . on the image captures?  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2012, 06:32:36 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • General - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Display full firmware version in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Include a user-defined delay requiring the light level to drop (or rise) AND stay within the cut-over threshold for x seconds before the day/night mode switches to prevent constant flipping between modes (e.g. when a cloud passes by or during sundown/sunrise)
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support

dubina

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:29 AM »

This camera has a quite narrow view angle, and a single unit is not able to cover an average room for monitoring. That's why, additionally to the Motion Detection option, Sound Detection would be extremely useful, especially if you have a home alarm and only one camera installed. It would give a huge advantage to monitor the whole property by a single camera: you will get alerted on an initial attempt to get to your home (broken window, opened door, etc...).

It can be implemented as the following:
Sound Detection option (similar to Motion Detection option):
- Enable / Disable
- Sensitivity, %  (0~100%, high sensitivity makes the motions easier to be detected.)

Additionally:
Mail > Time Schedule, below "Motion Detection" block to place a new "Sound Detection" block with the following options:
- E-mail the following text immediately (80 characters max): [Box to type your message]
- E-mail the text above attached with sound file:
   Sound duration after Sound Detection was triggered on (1 sec, 2 sec).

As an option, it would be nice to have an interactive icon to turn on/off Motion Detection and separately Sound Detection in a iOS mydlink+ and/or mydink Lite programs (and similar programs under Android platform): next to the Snapshot button, two separate buttons. Motion Detection button may look like a pedestrian pictogram. It becomes blue, when you click the button to turn Motion Detection On. Sound Detection button may look like sound waves limited by a triangular shape or something like http://a.rgbimg.com/cache1sbnCs/users/a/ay/ayla87/600/nszyXeK.jpg, turns from grey to blue on switching On.
If Status for E-mail Test for the camera is not "Test succeeded", both pictogram are either semi-hidden or red line crossed.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2012, 06:33:11 AM »

This camera has a quite narrow view angle, and a single unit is not able to cover an average room for monitoring. That's why, additionally to the Motion Detection option, Sound Detection would be extremely useful, especially if you have a home alarm and only one camera installed. It would give a huge advantage to monitor the whole property by a single camera: you will get alerted on an initial attempt to get to your home (broken window, opened door, etc...).

It can be implemented as the following:
Sound Detection option (similar to Motion Detection option):
- Enable / Disable
- Sensitivity, %  (0~100%, high sensitivity makes the motions easier to be detected.)

Additionally:
Mail > Time Schedule, below "Motion Detection" block to place a new "Sound Detection" block with the following options:
- E-mail the following text immediately (80 characters max): [Box to type your message]
- E-mail the text above attached with sound file:
   Sound duration after Sound Detection was triggered on (1 sec, 2 sec).

As an option, it would be nice to have an interactive icon to turn on/off Motion Detection and separately Sound Detection in a iOS mydlink+ and/or mydink Lite programs (and similar programs under Android platform): next to the Snapshot button, two separate buttons. Motion Detection button may look like a pedestrian pictogram. It becomes blue, when you click the button to turn Motion Detection On. Sound Detection button may look like sound waves limited by a triangular shape or something like http://a.rgbimg.com/cache1sbnCs/users/a/ay/ayla87/600/nszyXeK.jpg, turns from grey to blue on switching On.
If Status for E-mail Test for the camera is not "Test succeeded", both pictogram are either semi-hidden or red line crossed.

Good (and comprehensive) suggestion.
Added....  ;)

The suggestion for controlling motion detection via the mydlink website and apps was previously included on the mydlink board wishlist.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:39:16 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2012, 06:36:05 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - SMB Support

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2012, 04:56:17 AM »

my dlink 932l cam firm ware version shows 1.03 but what about the build number? no information. how to know the build?

I'll add this item to the firmware wishlist thread. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2012, 04:57:06 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - SMB Support

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:09:10 AM by JavaLawyer »

matze66

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »

Not sure what you are referring to. . .  . on the image captures?  ???

i mean to integrate a short picture in a edge of the livestream.
The CDS-932L uploads (for my homepage) every hour one pictures over ftp.
It will be nice, if i can choose a little picture (logo) which appears in one edge of the picture which is uploaded to the ftp-server.
Like this picture here in the edge on top left:
http://www.graal-mueritz.de/images/livebild.jpg

i hope you know what i mean. Alternative it will be nice to put the name of the homepage as a text tight in a picture.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2012, 06:26:07 AM »

i mean to integrate a short picture in a edge of the livestream.
The CDS-932L uploads (for my homepage) every hour one pictures over ftp.
It will be nice, if i can choose a little picture (logo) which appears in one edge of the picture which is uploaded to the ftp-server.
Like this picture here in the edge on top left:
http://www.graal-mueritz.de/images/livebild.jpg

i hope you know what i mean. Alternative it will be nice to put the name of the homepage as a text tight in a picture.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2012, 06:27:32 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Display firmware version build number in web interface
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - SMB Support

dalgibbard

• Level 1 Member
  • FingAZ - D-link addict
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

<snip>
<snip>

FYI- See: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50721.0 - This might be the fix for that issue.

Have any of these other points been raised with D-Link via the online support portal? They're normally pretty good for responding to these sorts of issues. I would especially expect the password bug to be well supported through the portal due to potential security implications.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20