• April 18, 2024, 01:36:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Gateways  (Read 3131 times)

deepvideo

• Level 1 Member
Gateways
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »

I have an app where I am connecting a small, 2 computer net into a larger network- I am not Internet routing.  I need the WAN side to be able to route from a different gateway, and maybe the netmask to The LAN side that will presenting a gateway already associated on those two platforms, which are embedded, and hard to make changes to.

#1- is this possible?
#2- Can I use an IP address that exists on the LAN side as the IP address on the WAN side?
( I mean, do I need an IP set as if I AM connecting to the Internet?)

Any suggestions would be very welcomed and appreciated.  Thanks!

OK, no responses:

I set the WAN side up to statically use our company network as the "ISP", including netmask and gateway.  I set the LAN side, including the Admin IP to an IP address I need to be used as gateway on the other side, with a different netmask from the WAN side, and set a laptop to an address in the same range, with the same netmask.  The gateway was set to the LAN (same as Admin login IP) address.  No joy.  Thought maybe I had mis-typed, so attempted to Reset the router to factory default- NO JOY!!!

Anybody have a suggestion? Please...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:56:58 AM by deepvideo »