• April 19, 2024, 07:38:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HDMI issues  (Read 6103 times)

mboydstun

• Level 1 Member
HDMI issues
« on: July 28, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

My 510 works great in analog mode. But i can only watch 5 minutes of hd video. The unit will lose signal with the TV. Also, while switching from analog to digital mode, I have to do it at precisely the correct time or else I will not get a signal. I have 1.08 installed and it still does it. I own a Mitsu 57733 tv. I have installed my hd dish receiver into each hmdi input and they all are working correctly. Any chance there is a fix out there? I cannot downgrade software, as the unit will not allow it. Thanks in advance for any help!!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: HDMI issues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 10:44:10 AM »

Does the DSM-510 only loose video if you are watching a video in HD?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

mboydstun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »

With v 1.07, hd would work for a few minutes then lose signal. Now, with 1.08, i cannot get the unit to switch over to hd at all. any suggestions?

bspvette86

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »

Make sure the TV is on and you have the HDMI port selected first.  I have problems if the DSM-510 is turned on before the TV is ready to handshake with it. 

Regards,
BV

mboydstun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

BV,

I tried your method. I finally got it to switch over, but was only able to view 2 minutes exactly of a video. Now, it is back to the same. Will not switch over to HDMI mode :P

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:02 AM »

Have you tried it on another TV?

PC-Fusions

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

Hi, I have a similar problem! Bought the DSM-510 on Firmware 1.07. My LCD TV (Toshiba 52") has two HDMI Slots which I wanna use. Once changed from Analog to HDMI all works fine. But if I switch TV and DSM-510 "OFF" - I loose all the settings. Next time (ON again) itīs again on analog. So everytime I have to change the cables, switch manually to HDMI (digital) and then it works again - but only as long it is on! Upgraded to Firmware 1.08 PAL which I hoped would fix the problem - but nothing happened - still the same problem! Now I made a bit research and found out that you canīt downgrade in 1.02 from 1.08. So which solution do you have for me - I specially bought the DSM-510 for its HDMI output! It starts to get really irritating and drives me mad to re-connect always the analog cable! Why does it not store its settings? Alex

mboydstun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »

I cant even get a movie to play longer than 5 minutes on HDMI now. It has always reverted back to analog, ever since i have had it. I have to unplug the unit and plug it back in to get any response from it. I have a Mitsubishi HDTV and a Toshiba HDTV. Both act the same way with the unit plugged in(i.e. HDMI issues). It was bad before the update, but since the update, has gotten worse. Hope they can get it right with the next update!!!

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »

I would recommend contacting Technical support for an RMA it seems like the device is defective.