• April 18, 2024, 03:47:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: D-Link Network Cameras - Third Party Applications to Monitor Video  (Read 635846 times)

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
Re: D-Link Network Cameras - Third Party Applications to Monitor Video
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2013, 12:21:51 AM »

- IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)

Is a 'joke', IMO. A schill to get you to download other software.

It does what it says, view an IP camera, and it's free, but that's about all.

e.g. It time / date stamps the video window, with no way to turn it off. Since it's already turned on on the camera itself ...

Aside from the configuration settings of the camera, there are no configuration settings for the software itself. It does no more than vlc does, except, perhaps, let you view more than 1 camera at once.

I would look elsewhere.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2013, 05:09:29 AM »

Maybe it would be a good idea to segment the application list by platform (Android, iOS, Win, Mac, Linux) ?

I have considered this in the past, but the list isn't all that long and many of the products listed support multiple platforms, requiring the replication and maintenance of multiple instances of the same product.  :-\
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2013, 05:10:53 AM »

- IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)

Is a 'joke', IMO. A schill to get you to download other software.

It does what it says, view an IP camera, and it's free, but that's about all.

e.g. It time / date stamps the video window, with no way to turn it off. Since it's already turned on on the camera itself ...

Aside from the configuration settings of the camera, there are no configuration settings for the software itself. It does no more than vlc does, except, perhaps, let you view more than 1 camera at once.

I would look elsewhere.

Thank you for the candid review.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS IP Cameras - Compatible Third Party Applications to Monitor Video
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2013, 05:11:07 AM »

The following is a current list of available D-Link DCS compatible software products for monitoring video/audio feeds from D-Link DCS cameras. For the benefit of our user community please limit contributions to products you've personally tested.  Please post your contributions as a reply to this thread and I'll add them to this master list.

Please include the following minimal information in your reply: product name, website, supported platform(s), cost, and a brief product review/overview.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if any information on this list is incorrect or requires updating.

DCS IP Cameras - Compatible Third Party Applications to Monitor Video

• Blue Iris - Platforms: Windows Cost: $29.95/$49.95     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • D-Link Justconnect+ - Platforms: iPhone/iPad Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 04/2013)
  • D-Link Surveillance Center - Platforms: D-Link DNS-325/345 Cost: $0     (Last Updated: 01/2013)
  • D-ViewCam (Desktop Client) - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • D-ViewCam (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
  • D-ViewCam (iPhone/iPad) - Platforms: Apple Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
  • evoCam - Platforms: Mac Cost: $30     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • EyeSpyFX - Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry Cost: $4.99     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • iCamViewer - Platforms: iPhone Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • IP Cam Controller - Platforms: Windows Phone 7 Cost: $2.99     (Last Updated: 12/2011)
  • IP Cam (Lite/Pro) - Platforms: HTC Thunderbolt/Android Cost: Free/$3.99    (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • IP Cam Viewer (Candy Labs) - Platforms: Windows Phone 7 Cost: $1.99    (Last Updated: 11/2012)
  • IP Cam Viewer (DeskShare) - Platforms: iPad Cost: $3.99     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)
  • iSpy - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free Installation Guide: DCS-930L    (Last Updated: 01/2013)
  • Motion - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 03/2013)
  • mydlink Lite (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Platforms: iPhone Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • mydlink+ (Android Tablets) - Platforms: Android Cost: $0.99 (Last Updated: 12/2011)
  • mydlink+ (iPad) - Platforms: iPhone Cost: $0.99    (Last Updated: 04/2012)
  • Netcamviewer - Platforms: iPhone/Windows Cost: Free/$1.99    (Last Updated: 04/2012)
  • NVR Viewer - Platforms: OSX Cost: Free/$19.99    (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • RavenShoeSecurity - Platforms: Web Browser Cost: $4.95/month (Starting)    (Last Updated: 03/2012)
  • tinyCam Monitor - Platforms: Android Cost: Free/$3.99    (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • Vitamin D - Platforms: Windows/Apple Cost: Free/$49/$199 (Last Updated: 02/2012)
  • Yawcam - Platforms: Windowse Cost: Free (Last Updated: 03/2013)
  • Zoneminder - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 08/2012)

Disclaimer: Non D-Link applications described in this post are not sanctioned by D-Link for monitoring video/audio streams with D-Link hardware. All reports describing the success and/or security of these software products for monitoring video/audio streams are solely the result of end-user experience and observation and third-party manufacturer claims. As such, DCS IP Camera owners who choose to use these products for monitoring video/audio streams do so at their own risk.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »

I have considered this in the past, but the list isn't all that long and many of the products listed support multiple platforms, requiring the replication and maintenance of multiple instances of the same product.  :-\

I take your point, but it may still be worth doing some splitting. At least for those single platform items. Have one section, multiplatform, to handle those others. I, for example, could then skip over any iPhone or Mac specific sections, as I do not run those platforms. For that matter, splitting up by platform may not be unreasonable, even with duplicate entries. People look for software within the platforms they run / available to them.

I do wonder if instead of repeating the list periodically, you should just keep the editing the original post. That way there's only one real copy of the list floating around. People will know to always go to the first post of the thread to find the current list.

Each time the list comes out I rescan the list looking for updates or changes. Perhaps instead of reposting the entire list, you could post 'software x entry added/updated', OP list (with link) updated. I might not then need to rescan the entire list each time. Given the density, and the age of my eyes, I find the process of re-reviewing the list, and trying to remember what software I've already checked out, somewhat painful. (But thanks for being here at all, I SURE appreciate it!)

I sure get you are volunteering your time to do this, and I SURE appreciate that. This is all just CDN$0.02.

It would be useful if you could expand the list / not have it quite so dense. And I think it would be useful if some additional comments per package accompanied each list item.

Here are some suggestions:
(Candidate additions noted. Some not D-Link, or even IP Cam, specific.)

D-Link Surveillance Center <- NOTE: Although blue text, not a link. Could you fix the link or remove the blue?

D-Link Surveillance Center - Platforms: D-Link DNS-325/345 Cost: $0     (Last Updated: 01/2013)
- NAS software. (For those like me not intimately familiar with D-Link model #'s.)

D-ViewCam (Desktop Client) - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
- very capable 'server' software, if you can get it to run. Reports of infinite loop settings changes / software restarts. (So try it on a different computer.) Worth checking out. (The free gem of the list, if it will run for you, and you have the appropriate product.) Note: Takes over entire screen (but can be minimized) - particularly irritating with multiple monitors.
- enterprise class software likely suited for home, but perhaps not elsewhere unless running Windows Server, due to the 10 connection limit of non-server Windows OS's.

D-ViewCam (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
- requires an instance of D-ViewCam (above) to connect to.

IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)
- very basic, no frills, "Is this thing turned on?" app.

iSpy - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free Installation Guide: DCS-930L    (Last Updated: 01/2013)
- very capable 'server' software, free for single PC instance only, subscription based otherwise. Free version provides no remote access to or from. Web site lists an extensive and rich capability far beyond most, including D-ViewCam above - but for a not inconsiderable cost. Interface not particularly 'pretty'.

mydlink Lite (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free (Last Updated: 11/2011)
- connects to your mydlink.com account. Note: each instance must log in using the mydlink.com e-mail address and password - which reveals the cam's admin password. Share prudently. So, perhaps not the nanny cam software you'd let your neighbour use.

mydlink.com (* ADD *) - All browsers (full functionality ONLY with Internet Explorer) - see web site. Free, only with/for appropriate / box indicated D-Link Cloud product purchases.
-  MUST use Internet Explorer for full functionality. Free IE plug in installed permits camera to tunnel through the connection (e.g. RTSP) - such tunnelling unavailable in other browsers. (Live view still available, though, via Quicktime.) IE also enhances with access to microphone and local recording of live footage. Note: each instance must log in using the mydlink.com e-mail address and password - which reveals the cam's admin password. Share prudently. Unlike the direct web interface, no 'view only' userid / access possible. Therefore, a 'view my own cam' service, not a 'view my cam' equivalent.
- for SD cams, such as the DCS-2132L, the only mechanism other than direct web interface or physical access to card, able to access the files locally stored on the SD card.
- web based, and rather slow, particularly due to the encrypted tunnelling, as a result.

native web interface (* ADD *)
- different products with different capabilities. e.g. With appropriate firewall hole poked, remote view my cam functionality possible, albeit 'ugly'. May in and of itself, with no additional software, provide sufficient remote access for your needs.

Motion - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 03/2013)
- no gui. Likely not a complete solution in and of itself.

Yawcam - Platforms: Windowse Cost: Free (Last Updated: 03/2013)
- currently reporting difficulties for some, likely due to problems with later java's. (From memory, I can no longer make it run because of this) worth investigating as you journey on your learning curve.
- excellent and comprehensive functionality, although a rather bland interface. A good choice post "does my camera work at all" stage, and, for some, entirely sufficient.

Zoneminder - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 08/2012)
- a complete solution, but not for the non-Linux fainthearted. Surprisingly rich and easy to use, once familiar with the interface. Greatest difficulty most have is in getting their (USB Webcam) hardware to work - a non-issue if that's not your hardware. e.g. IP Cams. VM's available - no need for a standalone Linux running computer until you're ready and feel the need.

ManyCam - Platforms: Windows, Mac Cost: Free - http://www.manycam.com/ - "The best free live studio & webcam effects software!"
- found via http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1264 "You should be able to use more than one webcam software simultaneously. You can you something like 'ManyCam', Its free and fairly easy to use. It simply acquires the Cam, Then feeds it to other software. Its also a fun program. "
- perhaps useful here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.
(- I've not used it myself.)

Dorgem - open source Platform: Windows Cost: Free - http://dorgem.sourceforge.net/
- discontinued, capable, but USB cams only (?). Perhaps useful / excellent here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.

TeboCam - open source Platform: Windows Cost: Free - http://teboweb.com/WebCam.html
- capable, but USB cams only (?). Perhaps useful here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.

vlc - open source Platform: PCs Cost: Free - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- although a media player, also capable as a relay and/or recorder, e.g. RTSP in (Open/Network Stream) out to multicast (apparently). Multicast being finicky / problematic / bandwidth hogging, over wifi. Definitely useful as a sanity check.
- multiple cam view apparently possible via Mosaic add in, http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic.

IP Cam Viewer Lite - Platform: Android Cost: Free - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewer
- just works. Particularly useful for standalone / no PC sanity check. Give to your coworkers at need, for a 'nanny cam' without involving them with the complexity of PC access or playback, if that's not their particular need. (Others more directly involved may need more, on their computer, but they'll still like this as they move around during their day.) Can record.

I get if you want to trim this list, given it's "DCS-compatible" orientation, however, I got here for that purpose, then discovered such is but part of this ecosystem. These other entries were items I found useful along the way to get here, before being willing to put out the $$$ for an IP cam. I was then able to leverage that experience once I did get the IP Cam. Others may need to traverse the same learning curve, and this may help them do so more quickly.

So, although you may wish to trim and keep focus, a link or two to other such useful or more generic lists, would be useful. Answering the question: I need more, are there other user vetted useful links to which I can go to for more information on 'all this stuff'.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »

Also exceedingly helpful: UPnP Discover - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marichitas.upnp.discover

- to quickly answer, no PC required ... where the heck did the camera go -this- time! (Move the cam to a new network, dynamic assigned DHCP address, cam went ... where?)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2013, 05:57:35 AM »

Thank you for your detailed response. I have revisited this issue many times on other boards in this forum, as I maintain 20+ lists (I lost count) for other products related to firmware and other items.  The current approach is the easiest to maintain given the total volume of content I'm managing.  Setting your forum preferences in your profile to "view most recent posts first", will always place the latest list up top when you visit the thread.

An alternate approach which I used on other lists (and subsequently abandoned), but may work here is two threads:

(1) Master List (one locked thread with ONE post)
(2) Contribution List (open thread in which content is contributed and subsequently promoted to the master list)

I'll need to roll around this idea for a while. I originally abandoned this idea on previous attempts b/c new visitors were too easily confused by the two lists and I had to keep the two lists synchronized.

:-\  ???  :-\  ???

I will revisit your lengthy post in a few days to see what we can do with the content when I have some free cycles to read through everything. I'm not trying to bury your post, but need to re-post the master list as the most recent thread to keep things fresh.

I take your point, but it may still be worth doing some splitting. At least for those single platform items. Have one section, multiplatform, to handle those others. I, for example, could then skip over any iPhone or Mac specific sections, as I do not run those platforms. For that matter, splitting up by platform may not be unreasonable, even with duplicate entries. People look for software within the platforms they run / available to them.

I do wonder if instead of repeating the list periodically, you should just keep the editing the original post. That way there's only one real copy of the list floating around. People will know to always go to the first post of the thread to find the current list.

Each time the list comes out I rescan the list looking for updates or changes. Perhaps instead of reposting the entire list, you could post 'software x entry added/updated', OP list (with link) updated. I might not then need to rescan the entire list each time. Given the density, and the age of my eyes, I find the process of re-reviewing the list, and trying to remember what software I've already checked out, somewhat painful. (But thanks for being here at all, I SURE appreciate it!)

I sure get you are volunteering your time to do this, and I SURE appreciate that. This is all just CDN$0.02.

It would be useful if you could expand the list / not have it quite so dense. And I think it would be useful if some additional comments per package accompanied each list item.

Here are some suggestions:
(Candidate additions noted. Some not D-Link, or even IP Cam, specific.)

D-Link Surveillance Center <- NOTE: Although blue text, not a link. Could you fix the link or remove the blue?

D-Link Surveillance Center - Platforms: D-Link DNS-325/345 Cost: $0     (Last Updated: 01/2013)
- NAS software. (For those like me not intimately familiar with D-Link model #'s.)

D-ViewCam (Desktop Client) - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
- very capable 'server' software, if you can get it to run. Reports of infinite loop settings changes / software restarts. (So try it on a different computer.) Worth checking out. (The free gem of the list, if it will run for you, and you have the appropriate product.) Note: Takes over entire screen (but can be minimized) - particularly irritating with multiple monitors.
- enterprise class software likely suited for home, but perhaps not elsewhere unless running Windows Server, due to the 10 connection limit of non-server Windows OS's.

D-ViewCam (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
- requires an instance of D-ViewCam (above) to connect to.

IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)
- very basic, no frills, "Is this thing turned on?" app.

iSpy - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free Installation Guide: DCS-930L    (Last Updated: 01/2013)
- very capable 'server' software, free for single PC instance only, subscription based otherwise. Free version provides no remote access to or from. Web site lists an extensive and rich capability far beyond most, including D-ViewCam above - but for a not inconsiderable cost. Interface not particularly 'pretty'.

mydlink Lite (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free (Last Updated: 11/2011)
- connects to your mydlink.com account. Note: each instance must log in using the mydlink.com e-mail address and password - which reveals the cam's admin password. Share prudently. So, perhaps not the nanny cam software you'd let your neighbour use.

mydlink.com (* ADD *) - All browsers (full functionality ONLY with Internet Explorer) - see web site. Free, only with/for appropriate / box indicated D-Link Cloud product purchases.
-  MUST use Internet Explorer for full functionality. Free IE plug in installed permits camera to tunnel through the connection (e.g. RTSP) - such tunnelling unavailable in other browsers. (Live view still available, though, via Quicktime.) IE also enhances with access to microphone and local recording of live footage. Note: each instance must log in using the mydlink.com e-mail address and password - which reveals the cam's admin password. Share prudently. Unlike the direct web interface, no 'view only' userid / access possible. Therefore, a 'view my own cam' service, not a 'view my cam' equivalent.
- for SD cams, such as the DCS-2132L, the only mechanism other than direct web interface or physical access to card, able to access the files locally stored on the SD card.
- web based, and rather slow, particularly due to the encrypted tunnelling, as a result.

native web interface (* ADD *)
- different products with different capabilities. e.g. With appropriate firewall hole poked, remote view my cam functionality possible, albeit 'ugly'. May in and of itself, with no additional software, provide sufficient remote access for your needs.

Motion - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 03/2013)
- no gui. Likely not a complete solution in and of itself.

Yawcam - Platforms: Windowse Cost: Free (Last Updated: 03/2013)
- currently reporting difficulties for some, likely due to problems with later java's. (From memory, I can no longer make it run because of this) worth investigating as you journey on your learning curve.
- excellent and comprehensive functionality, although a rather bland interface. A good choice post "does my camera work at all" stage, and, for some, entirely sufficient.

Zoneminder - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 08/2012)
- a complete solution, but not for the non-Linux fainthearted. Surprisingly rich and easy to use, once familiar with the interface. Greatest difficulty most have is in getting their (USB Webcam) hardware to work - a non-issue if that's not your hardware. e.g. IP Cams. VM's available - no need for a standalone Linux running computer until you're ready and feel the need.

ManyCam - Platforms: Windows, Mac Cost: Free - http://www.manycam.com/ - "The best free live studio & webcam effects software!"
- found via http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1264 "You should be able to use more than one webcam software simultaneously. You can you something like 'ManyCam', Its free and fairly easy to use. It simply acquires the Cam, Then feeds it to other software. Its also a fun program. "
- perhaps useful here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.
(- I've not used it myself.)

Dorgem - open source Platform: Windows Cost: Free - http://dorgem.sourceforge.net/
- discontinued, capable, but USB cams only (?). Perhaps useful / excellent here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.

TeboCam - open source Platform: Windows Cost: Free - http://teboweb.com/WebCam.html
- capable, but USB cams only (?). Perhaps useful here if only to feed USB cams elsewhere on your network into other software.

vlc - open source Platform: PCs Cost: Free - http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
- although a media player, also capable as a relay and/or recorder, e.g. RTSP in (Open/Network Stream) out to multicast (apparently). Multicast being finicky / problematic / bandwidth hogging, over wifi. Definitely useful as a sanity check.
- multiple cam view apparently possible via Mosaic add in, http://wiki.videolan.org/Mosaic.

IP Cam Viewer Lite - Platform: Android Cost: Free - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewer
- just works. Particularly useful for standalone / no PC sanity check. Give to your coworkers at need, for a 'nanny cam' without involving them with the complexity of PC access or playback, if that's not their particular need. (Others more directly involved may need more, on their computer, but they'll still like this as they move around during their day.) Can record.

I get if you want to trim this list, given it's "DCS-compatible" orientation, however, I got here for that purpose, then discovered such is but part of this ecosystem. These other entries were items I found useful along the way to get here, before being willing to put out the $$$ for an IP cam. I was then able to leverage that experience once I did get the IP Cam. Others may need to traverse the same learning curve, and this may help them do so more quickly.

So, although you may wish to trim and keep focus, a link or two to other such useful or more generic lists, would be useful. Answering the question: I need more, are there other user vetted useful links to which I can go to for more information on 'all this stuff'.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:50:30 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

The following is a current list of available D-Link DCS compatible software products for monitoring video/audio feeds from D-Link DCS cameras. For the benefit of our user community please limit contributions to products you've personally tested.  Please post your contributions as a reply to this thread and I'll add them to this master list.

Please include the following minimal information in your reply: product name, website, supported platform(s), cost, and a brief product review/overview.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if any information on this list is incorrect or requires updating.

• Blue Iris - Platforms: Windows Cost: $29.95/$49.95     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • D-Link Justconnect+ - Platforms: iPhone/iPad Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 04/2013)
  • D-Link Surveillance Center - Platforms: D-Link DNS-325/345 Cost: $0     (Last Updated: 01/2013)
  • D-ViewCam (Desktop Client) - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • D-ViewCam (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
  • D-ViewCam (iPhone/iPad) - Platforms: Apple Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 12/2012)
  • EyeSpyFX - Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry Cost: $4.99     (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • IP Cam Controller - Platforms: Windows Phone 7 Cost: $2.99     (Last Updated: 12/2011)
  • IP Cam (Lite/Pro) - Platforms: HTC Thunderbolt/Android Cost: Free/$3.99    (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • IP Cam Viewer (Candy Labs) - Platforms: Windows Phone 7 Cost: $1.99    (Last Updated: 11/2012)
  • IP Cam Viewer (DeskShare) - Platforms: iPad Cost: $3.99     (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • IP Camera Viewer - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 09/13/2012)
  • iSpy - Platforms: Windows Cost: Free Installation Guide: DCS-930L    (Last Updated: 01/2013)
  • Motion - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 03/2013)
  • mydlink Lite (Android) - Platforms: Android Cost: Free (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • mydlink Lite (iPhone) - Platforms: iPhone Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 11/2011)
  • mydlink+ (Android Tablets) - Platforms: Android Cost: $0.99 (Last Updated: 12/2011)
  • Netcamviewer - Platforms: iPhone/Windows Cost: Free/$1.99    (Last Updated: 04/2012)
  • RavenShoeSecurity - Platforms: Web Browser Cost: $4.95/month (Starting)    (Last Updated: 03/2012)
  • tinyCam Monitor - Platforms: Android Cost: Free/$3.99    (Last Updated: 08/2012)
  • Vitamin D - Platforms: Windows/Apple Cost: Free/$49/$199 (Last Updated: 02/2012)

Disclaimer: Non D-Link applications described in this post are not sanctioned by D-Link for monitoring video/audio streams with D-Link hardware. All reports describing the success and/or security of these software products for monitoring video/audio streams are solely the result of end-user experience and observation and third-party manufacturer claims. As such, DCS IP Camera owners who choose to use these products for monitoring video/audio streams do so at their own risk.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:40 PM »

I will revisit your lengthy post in a few days to see what we can do with the content when I have some free cycles to read through everything. I'm not trying to bury your post, but need to re-post the master list as the most recent thread to keep things fresh.

Understood, and expected. Thank you for the consideration and listening.

This thread has been valuable, both as card catalogue / reference, and for accompanying comments for software impressions / evaluations. Whether or not my comments are injected into the master list, hopefully they will be useful to some, some of the time. (Thus my 'detailed' posting.)

A slight revamping of the presentation format may, however, help newcomers not have to traverse the entire list to acquire higher level overviews / summaries such as I tried to provide some examples of. e.g. D-View on Android needing a running D-View on Windows, isn't currently self-evident, and is rather time saving to know. (And it would be useful to easily ignore Mac/iPhone entries, if that's one's bent.)

Thanks again for listening.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »

Understood, and expected. Thank you for the consideration and listening.

This thread has been valuable, both as card catalogue / reference, and for accompanying comments for software impressions / evaluations. Whether or not my comments are injected into the master list, hopefully they will be useful to some, some of the time. (Thus my 'detailed' posting.)

A slight revamping of the presentation format may, however, help newcomers not have to traverse the entire list to acquire higher level overviews / summaries such as I tried to provide some examples of. e.g. D-View on Android needing a running D-View on Windows, isn't currently self-evident, and is rather time saving to know. (And it would be useful to easily ignore Mac/iPhone entries, if that's one's bent.)

Thanks again for listening.

I haven't forgotten about your post. . . just been very busy.  ;)

chrsanch

« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2013, 03:51:50 AM »

I have DCS 942L AND DCS5222L and I want to monitor these video from my iphone using 3g connection. I tried downloading some one the apps mentioned but don't know what to enter for IP address. I was able to get a live feed from one camera but not on the other camera since my router has only 1 IP address. How can I can I access the other camera?
Thanks,

Lionel95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »

Hi,

I have published a new application on Windows Phone 8 Store to connect and view up to 4 DCS5222-L cameras.

Its name is simply "My DCS5222-L"

This software is free and can be found at :

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c45698a6-8ae4-4935-96e8-76fe2f921a9a

Or, in the WP store, just search for "my dcs".

This software was first made for my own use but I think it may be helpfull for everyone with a DCS5222-L and a Windows Phone 8.

Lionel

Edit : changed the link
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:46:43 AM by Lionel95 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »

Hi,

I have published a new application on Windows Phone 8 Store to connect and view up to 4 DCS5222-L cameras.

Its name is simply "My DCS5222-L"

This software is free and can be found at :

http://www.windowsphone.com/fr-fr/store/app/mydcs5222l/c45698a6-8ae4-4935-96e8-76fe2f921a9a

Or, in the WP store, just search for "my dcs".

This software was first made for my own use but I think it may be helpfull for everyone with a DCS5222-L and a Windows Phone 8.

Lionel

Thanks for your contribution. . . Added  ;)
Any chance this app will work with other DCS model cameras?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

• D-Link Justconnect+ - Platforms: iPhone/iPad Cost: Free    (Last Updated: 04/2013)
  • Motion - Platforms: Linux Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 03/2013)
  • My DCS5222-L - Platforms: Windows Phone 8 Cost: Free     (Last Updated: 6/2013)

Lionel95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »

Thanks for your contribution. . . Added  ;)
Any chance this app will work with other DCS model cameras?

Maybe, I don't really know...

The software is very very simple : it tries to connect to the http://{IP}/eng/mainFrame.cgi to check if privacy mode is on or off.
If privacy is on, it opens a dialog to ask if the user wants to put privacy off and retry to connect.
If privacy is off, it connnect to the MJPEG stream of the camera at http://{IP}/video/mjpg.cgi

The pan/tilt is made by sending commands via http://{IP}/cgi/ptdc.cgi?command=set_relative_pos&posX={X}&posY={Y}

The preset positionning is made by sending commands via http://{IP}/cgi/ptdc.cgi?command=goto_preset_position&presetId={Preset}

So any D-Link cam with the same commands set could be compatible. Maybe if someone have some informations about commands for others cams and want to be integrated, I sure can do it.

But informations are really hard to find about each camera and wireshark was a very helpfull tool to spy the dialog between the embeeded java interface and the camera.

Lionel
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14