• April 19, 2024, 07:43:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is there a way to disable do_thumbnail? (used by Photo Gallery?)  (Read 3845 times)

john5342

• Level 1 Member

Whenever i copy any images to my nas the speed drops to 3-5MB/s. If i copy anything else i get 10-15MB/s. On checking the Resource Monitor on the nas i find do_thumbnail using almost all of the processing time whenever i do anything involving pictures and a while afterwards. Just to make sure it was pictures and not the file sizes/numbers etc i did a group rename and scramble the headers (in case file is used to detect) of all my pictures so they were no longer recognized as images and copied again. This time do_thumbnail did not run and i was getting the high speed.

I am guessing that do_thumbnail has something to do with the Photo Gallery since thumbnails for the pictures on there pop up so quickly. I think the photo gallery is a nice idea but i have no use for it myself.

So my question is: How can i disable it so that i can copy at decent speeds?

dnh7280

• Level 1 Member
Re: Is there a way to disable do_thumbnail? (used by Photo Gallery?)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:44:55 PM »

*push*

Hi Forum,

i'm having the same problem. Can i control the processes displayed in the Share-Center under
> System Status > Ressource Monitor > Processes   ?

Especially the process "do_thumbnail" i want to stop because i did not need it!
I stored ca. 50.000 photos on my DNS-320L in RAID1 and the NAS doing "do_thumbnail" for more
than 72 hours since then, still working !!!

Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

(sorry for my bad English)

Greets
Daniel
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:05:16 PM by dnh7280 »

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is there a way to disable do_thumbnail? (used by Photo Gallery?)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:21:50 AM »

Short answer is NO. You cannot control these processes - you can only see them.