• April 25, 2024, 01:27:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: need help with dir 655 router  (Read 10418 times)

panda349

• Level 2 Member
Re: need help with dir 655 router
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »

i called dlink help number and i got the router to conect to the internet now  but i have a question.  i connected my netbook to the router and now i can use the netbook wireless but why did my connection to internet disconnect on the desktop when the netbook signed onto the internet? can't both be on the internet at the same time?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:56:07 PM by panda349 »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 06:21:01 AM »

i called dlink help number and i got the router to conect to the internet now  but i have a question.  i connected my netbook to the router and now i can use the netbook wireless but why did my connection to internet disconnect on the desktop when the netbook signed onto the internet? can't both be on the internet at the same time?

Hi panda349,

What is the operating system on the Desktop Computer?

What is the operating system on the Netbook Computer?

Also check with AOL DSL Modem Support and find out how many connections it supports to the Internet?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

panda349

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 07:47:23 AM »

my desktop computer has Windows 7 on it.  My netbook as XP on it.  Also My desktop computer was the only computer connected to the modem.  There was only that computer that had high speed.  Before I got the router I had to connect my netbook to the modem if I wanted to use the high speed on that which meant disconnecting my desktop from the modem.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:50:45 AM by panda349 »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »

my desktop computer has Windows 7 on it.  My netbook as XP on it.  Also My desktop computer was the only computer connected to the modem.  There was only that computer that had high speed.  Before I got the router I had to connect my netbook to the modem if I wanted to use the high speed on that which meant disconnecting my desktop from the modem.

Hi panda349,

Question: Did you setup the Wireless portion of your D-Link DIR-655 Router? Make sure to rename your SSID Signal Name to other than Dlink, in order to find it easily from the Netbook Computer.

You also need to configured Network and Sharing Center within Windows 7 Home Premium.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10
Pages: 1 [2]