• April 26, 2024, 01:14:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connection keeps dropping - No Internet Access  (Read 3418 times)

TheNamelessOne

• Level 1 Member
Connection keeps dropping - No Internet Access
« on: October 03, 2010, 05:43:31 PM »

My Modem = Motorolla Surfboard Sb6180...30mbps cable connection.

Everything seems to work properly if I eliminate the router and use direct connection.

When I don't, after a few minutes, my connection drops (though I see no change to the lights on the router (DIR655), but 2 of the lights from my modem disappear) and I have to plug off my modem and then back in again.

What is the problem? Not sure what other info you guys need, should I post a screenshot of my router setup page?

BillTom

• Level 1 Member
Re: Connection keeps dropping - No Internet Access
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »

Check your internet connection and see if you still have your connection.
If you don't see your network, then check the router for radio failure.  .... login to Admin in router and go to Devise Info / Status / Wireless LAN. 

TheNamelessOne

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:55:28 PM »

^Yes the connection (when router isn't involved) is always there. It just suddenly drops after I start to use the router for a while (anywhere from 2 to one hour) and I get that No Internet Access message posted in the original post.

And here's a screenshot of the place you suggested I check...I've been playing around with it, changed it to "N only" and changed the channel as well to see if it gets fixed. Any other suggestion?

And here's my cmd, does anything look off? Is the IP and default gataway suppose to be the same?

billy_kidd

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »

What wireless adapter are you using? I had this problem when running Netgear WNDR3100 Version 1's in N mode.

TheNamelessOne

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »

^Do you mean my laptop's lan? It's a Realtek 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN

Did a factory reset earlier, still the same problem.