• April 27, 2024, 09:46:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Enabling Recycle Bin  (Read 5451 times)

hodge725

• Level 1 Member
Enabling Recycle Bin
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »

i have numerous issues when deleting items from my NAS, i don't know it its deleting at all, as i have no recycle bin, i have been reading through the forum and seen numerous posts about enabling and disabling the Recycle bin, i cant find a way of doing this.

Can u please help ??

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Enabling Recycle Bin
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »

Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bill945

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »

Here's what works for me (I just made it work this evening!) ...

1) Insert your DLink 320 CD into your PC and launch it

2) Click on the "D-Link Storage Utility" button

3) Click "Refresh" under 'Network Storage Device"

4) Select your DNS 320

5) Under "Drive Mapping", map your Recycle Bin, i.e., give it a drive letter and click "Connect"

6) Click "Exit" and you should now see the mapped recycle bin on your computer

Good luck!

shivakanou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »

Hi!

I was having the same issue, now I mapped my recycle bin, but the deleted files don't show when I access it but the free space doesn't increase when I delete some things from my NAS :(

KnightPaladin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 05:23:07 PM »

Hi,

Just wanted to add to community by answering this if someone still uses DLink 320 or 325 like me. To solve this:

If your space is not removing still while deleting files on NAS that means you have recycle bin activated do the follwoing:

1. Do not go to your NAS server software you will not find recycle bin there
2. Do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

In case you turned off the recycle bin option and now deleted files are no longer taking space but the taken space from before is still not cleared:

1. You need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and check box that says recycle bin
2. Next do not use Total Commander or other software to find recycle bin
3. Go to your File Explorer if you are using Windows, then enter SHARECENTER (your NAS) and then you will see the recycle bin, go in and delete the files (its outside of your Volume folder so that is what is confusing)
4. If you want to stop using recycle bin you need to go log to your NAS software and then to Management > Account Management > Network Shares, then click to your drive and then Modify button, go through the wizard and uncheck box that says recycle bin. (do this only after you delete all the files from recycle bin or they will be stuck in there)

If any issue occurs repeat the process of removing and adding recycle bin in Network Shares within NAS software until it appear in your File Explorer in Windows
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 05:24:49 PM by KnightPaladin »